Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that a lot of dad's like Ergo's but I would like something that I could make. I'm not fantastic at sewing yet so attempting an Ergo like carrier is out of the question.<br><br>
DH would like to babywear...err toddlerwear and wear our next child but he doesn't much care for the MT I have. Besides an Ergo and an MT what are other slings/carriers that men prefer and that I could find a pattern for and make myself??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Dh AND Ds loved, loved, loved our homemade wrap. He wrote Ds daily in the wrap for months. I actually had Dh 'make' the wrap (under his mild protest) following the directions at mamatoto.org. I bought fabric I thought he'd like, fairly masculine colors/pattern and then had him cut it and tie it on.<br><br>
Now, Dh wears Ds in our Maya ring sling. Its the standard red, stripped pattern but he doesn't seem to mind. You can buy rings online and sew yourself.<br><br>
My Dh can't stand the Ergo, thinks its too structured. We do have a backpack style carrier but Dh far prefers the Maya because Ds can be taken in and out so easily.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
You can make a very simple but very comfortable ring sling from the free pattern at <a href="http://www.sleepingbaby.net" target="_blank">www.sleepingbaby.net</a> -- and get rings from <a href="http://www.slingrings.com" target="_blank">www.slingrings.com</a>. Although I love the newer Maya Wrap lightly padded, I believe the pattern on their website is for the original Maya and I don't recommend it at all.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would suggest what I tell anyone who comes to me with no idea where to start. Look at each type of carrier and imagine wearing it. See what appeals and start there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I think toddlerwearing and babywearing are different needs. You could make a no sew stretchy wrap very easily, but it won't be great for your toddler. What doesn't he like about your MT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts