Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to Mexico in a couple weeks and I'd like to have a sling that's reasonably cool and wearable in a pool/water. UV protection would be great, but I have other things made of Solarveil and it's really scratchy - I don't think either of us would be comfy.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
491 Posts
You can get carriers made of solarweave, which also has UV protection but is not a scratchy fabric like solarveil. From what I hear, ring slings usually aren't made of solarweave because the fabric is too smooth and can slip through the rings a bit. But chicslings.com makes a pouch out of solarweave, and attachedtobaby.com carries a solarweave mei tai. If you really want something in a ring sling you can get one made of cotton or polyester mesh but they don't offer UV protection.

I just got a solarveil hotslings pool pouch...it is a little scratchy but DD doesn't seem to mind. Apparently it will soften up after a while with washing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am not a huge Solarveil fan, but that said, I have a Taylormade sling that never bothered me and I'm picky about scratchy things!

But I have also used plain old cotton. It's cooling when wet so great on a hot day. I went to Mexico in July for my honeymoon and you practically dried off as you were walking out of the water! I live in FL now, and have used cotton in the heat of the summer when I had a newborn. I liked feeling like she was totally covered up and protected well from the sun.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Sachi makes a MT for solarweave or solarveil (can't remember). I like my onbu for hot weather. I tie it tibetan and it is so light. I wouldn't take it in chlorinated water for fear of fading the pattern, though.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I got a Tonga sling from someone for our upcoming holiday. I had never seen it before, it looks kinda old, but it will work for a pool/hot weather, I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
Taylormade makes a sling out of mesh that is very cool and quick-drying and not at all scratchy. I would recommend getting it in white so it wont' absorb the heat so quickly.

http://www.taylormadeslings.com/tms/...og.php?p_id=33
Oh, I have one. My son and I lived in it for two summers. One of my favorite carriers!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.