Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share recommendations for reasonably priced, comfy, baby mittens and slippers? I have exhausted all my usual places, finally bought a pair of mittens that are about four times too big (Target, was all they had).

Any tips?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I bought DD's mittens at a thrift store. At 99 cents, I'm not going to cry if she loses one.

As for slippers, I'm more than happy to shell out the $29 for Robeez every six months because I love them. They're the only slippers I've found that stay on and girl ones are oh so cute!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
When dd1 was a baby, I just put two pairs of socks on her hands, I didn't attempt to find mittens for her until she got to be a toddler and wanted to play in the snow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have mittens for my son but they are too big so I use socks.

Chelci

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Fancy seeing you here, mama!!
How've ya been?

Back when Mr Harp was a babe I got him a nice pair of mittens. It seems like I remember getting them at an REI-type store. They fit well when he was about 9 months or so and they held up so Bastian could use them, too.

As for slippers...I'm Isa Bootie obsessed. Dh came in from getting the mail the other day with yet another pair of them on his fingers. His little puppet skit with L's Isa Booties was hilarious albeit sarcastic. I guess next time I'll be intercepting the mail, LOL!

I don't know if Miss Bea needs any new shirts but I'm gonna give her her Christmas present early...so she can wear it to the art show.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey cute Ashley!! My friend had her baby at the birth center a week ago and I looked around for you- things are good, albeit mittenless!!

All of you, I love the idea of socks on hands. That is an excellent short-term solution- will look around for some other suggestions-

Bea would love some shirts BTW- we will see you mighty soon in any case=

(MDC is where ALL the cool mamas can be found
)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't have experience with mittens, we usually had snowsuits that had mittens attached. But slippers?

THESE ARE THE BEST! Padraig Cottage Slippers

They stayed on, and when my dd was 1, I put them on her without socks and she was out in the snow crawling around for an hour. When she came in, her little toes were TOASTY warm and dry. They are a bit more expensive, but so worth it. Hers are still in the loop of being passed around - and it's been TEN years!!!

I get her a new pair every few years now when she outgrows them. I have some too - yep, adult sizes. And a cottage biz you can feel good about supporting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
DD has 2 sets of mittens without thumbs, I find them much easier to get on than socks

a hand-me-down fleece hat & mitten set from old navy & a very cute cotton knit lined in fleece pair attached with a string from Children's Place.

I know these are mass market retailers but I had a giftcard that needed using

1 - 11 of 11 Posts