Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>For the last few days I've been feeling like I have a slow leak down there. It's not the normal whitish-thicker discharge, but looks and feels clear and more abundant. I've read (probably too much) about leaking amniotic fluid, and I don't think that's what it is. Is anyone else experiencing this leakage problem? It's saturating my underpants. I guess it could be urine but it doesn't really smell like that either. Help?</p>

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
<p>it's discharge that is a normal pregnancy symptom, but if you want to make sure you can buy a paper strip from the drug store to make sure. Maybe someone can give you more details about that, I've never used them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been experiencig this my whole pregnancy but didn't at all with my first two pregnancies. There have been a few times where there was so much fluid leaking I thought I was peeing my pants. All the moisture has actually been creating uncomfortable rashes on my bum! I came home on my lunch break from work this morning and took a shower and changed my undies because it's gotten that bad today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
502 Posts
<p>Your OB/midwife can do 3 really quick and simple tests to rule that out. One is with the paper that will turn bright blue if there is fluid, they can check for pooling, and they can do a swab and check it under the microscope. If it will put your mind at ease give them a call and see if they can fit you in. I was really worried about leaking after a fall but thankfully it is really easy for them to rule out. STOP reading things, you will drive yourself crazy! Hugs</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts