Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I dont mind renting homes or apartments as long as the landlord maintains the property. But I have noticed since 2001, the landlords have found the love of money more, than taking and keeping the property clean and safe. </p>
<p>We have rented this house, and from the day we moved in all we have had is problems. WE have black mold, green mold, any color of mold that you can find. Does the landlord take care of it..........no he says it our problem. Last night my daughter went to strip her bed to make it and her 1,000.00 bed is ruined because it was covered in black mold.  And that isnt the half of it. We have for over a month been carrying water from the bathroom.  And this is the 2nd time since we moved here that we have been doing it. We have at our own cost replaced the refridgerator, and the stove. The refridgerator went out. And that isnt all.</p>

·
Registered
861 Posts
<p>The law requires your landlord to replace appliances.  If they are in the unit when it's rented, they have to keep appliances in working order or replace them with working appliances when the old ones die.  If they aren't in the unit to begin with (except a stove, that's required by law) then they can make you buy some.  But if they are already there, THEY are responsible with keeping working order appliances available.  I'm a landlord and even ran government housing for years, so I promise I know what I'm talking about.  Carrying water from the bathroom?  Does that mean you have no water in the kitchen?  Um, we're talking MASSIVE violations.  And don't even get me started on the mold.  Honey RUN, don't walk, and take this ahole to court.  And just a FYI, judges are always disposed on the side of the renter and your landlord is proof why.  Speaking of proof, document everything and take it with you.  Receipts for the appliances you bought, any correspondence, the bed, pics of the mold.... Everything possible.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts