Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we have a place to just chat about everyday kind of stuff?
Like how I'm coming down with a cold and it's so not fair to get sick in the summer :angry

How is everyone else feeling?
Morning sickness?
Care provider joys or complaints yet?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ah a cold would be so annoying. Are you sure it isn't "rhinitis of pregnancy" though? All that extra blood can also go to your sinuses. Either way steamy showers and steamy tea!

I've done an initial contact with a midwife who it turns out only lives 7 minutes from me! She seems good, I just need to get with my husband to figure out what schedule we want to pay her on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hot here and it is making a bit of a slith out of me.

Hit 6 weeks today and feeling the sleepiness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah a cold would be so annoying. Are you sure it isn't "rhinitis of pregnancy" though? All that extra blood can also go to your sinuses. Either way steamy showers and steamy tea!

I've done an initial contact with a midwife who it turns out only lives 7 minutes from me! She seems good, I just need to get with my husband to figure out what schedule we want to pay her on.

Nah, definitely a cold. Mostly sore throat so far, fighting it as hard as I can!

7 minutes away! That is amazing, would she do all home visits then?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bruna, I hear you on the sleepiness. Although I don't have much m/s yet so I'll take a necessary nap over that anyday!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tired. All. The. Time.

Found my midwifes, and that's a weight off my mind (VBAC here looking for a homebirth, so not a lot of options). Now just need to cancel the other midwife consult I had set up for next week, and the backup OB appointment I had set up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, preggo brain has set in!

I called my midwives on Monday to get booked in, they meet on Thursday and I was supposed to call back on Friday.
I checked my phone history to call back this afternoon and damn it all, I called the wrong branch of their office! It did cross my mind that it was odd that they had a different receptionist when I called Monday.

AND both offices close at noon so I'm SOL until Monday. :sheepish

·
Registered
5 Posts
6w5d here and feeling very tired and weak. Have some all day nausea, that is the worst upon waking but is always lingering around. I'm having tons of food aversion and my diet has basically done a 180 (from paleo to simple grains and dairy, ha!). The 2 times I tried to force myself to eat something "normal" I threw up so my body really isn't wanting that right now. (Third pregnancy and first time I've thrown up!). Other than that I'm great lol. Somehow still working out and I feel amazing for about an hour afferward.

Hope you're feeling better, celestical!

·
Registered
280 Posts
We only know we want to be married before the end of the year, and I hate summer, so it'll be fall or winter. Our circle of friends and family is tiny, and my small immediate family is in three different states. It feels almost silly to ask people to fly in from out of town for an uber-small production. We might do something justice-of-the-peace-like, and then host a wedding/baby/second parent adoption is final celebration/reception in the spring after baby arrives so everyone can come in for that and meet baby, too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had fun at Joanns yesterday and one of the fabrics I got could be little boy pants. But it has other uses too. I have three kids and my favorite consignment sale is 6 weeks after I am due so I really don't need much. Mostly I sew for my babies at this point.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So exciting @girlie1125 !!! Very happy for you - what wonderful timing too :)
@Celestical I haven't done any baby shopping yet but I did buy a couple of maternity dresses at a consignment store and started a little pinterest board called "The Nipper" - which I feel a little sheepish about as I am not quite to 8 wks :innocent Just got a leeeeetle excited.

I'm on the tail-end of a holiday which involved a wedding and extended post-wedding bash at some cabins on a lake. There was a lot of drinking and partying so I went ahead and told most people. That also makes me feel sheepish since it's so early, but I was taking naps every day and going to bed super early, obviously saying no to the booze - I just didn't want people I rarely see to go home thinking I'd turned into a total bore!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apparently if you make a Target and Motherhood registry online, you can visit your local store and get a free goody bag from each. Sounds fun :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts