Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all - Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a small business loan for purchasing inventory only. I am looking at becoming a reseller for a small make-up company. Not avon or arbonne. It is a small company that is doing pretty decent but has no resellers in our part of the state or this section of country (southwest) I think I could do really well with it at certain rallies/home shows/etc. But I would love to have a bunch of it on hand as oppossed to buying in small quanities. any ideas? I'm thinking 3-5K would be enough to pay for some spaces at some shows & at least 3-5 of each product.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got a 4k loan that was mostly for inventory and it was pretty easy to do. I went through out local CEI (coastal enterprises inc) which I believe is associated with the SBA. Our office has a counselor who works specifically with women starting businesses so she helped me put together a business plan get all the paperwork in order. It was a fairly basic plan for that small a loan though I did still have to do a 3 year cash flow projection which was the hardest for my math challenged self!<br>
I'd go talk to you local SBA or Score offices and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. Even for such a small loan, I felt like I was really starting in business when it got approved! Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts