Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking I'd like to knit-up a small gift for DS' daycare teachers. There are 3 toddler teachers, they do a wonderful, wonderful job and DS has a great bond with them.

Of course, you can see me thinking it, can't you - PANTA!

My only thought is this : it is a small daycare, with an infant room and a toddler room separated by a large door. Would it be inappropriate to do something for the toddler teachers and not for the infant teachers?

Oh, PS ... I meant to say I'd like to do something for Christmas time.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Well, do the infant teachers have any resonsiblity in the toddler room? I'd say stick with his primary teachers and don't worry about it.

And crank out the Pantas! Those things rock - I just ordered 5 skeins of Knitpicks yarn and I can hardly bear to work on anything else while I wait.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
You're 'bout to get sucked into the Panta Vortex......beware!!!!!!
uh-oh....like I have time to add these to my list!

I'm still trying to finish up my first clapotis.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I really like those, but tbh, with my short hair, I don't think I'd ever wear one. That might be something to think about, just in case. I did scarves for my dd's daycare teachers and pulled a nice wool with a furry yarn together and used huge needles, it went so quick. For another teacher I made a little drawstring bag and put a small gift inside. This year, since Ilearned to crochet, I whipped out the one-skein scarf in the snb crochet book.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldasMom View Post
I really like this panta.
That is gorgeous!

Panta...for...stashbusting...must...not...buy...ya rn..

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I really like those, but tbh, with my short hair, I don't think I'd ever wear one. That might be something to think about, just in case. I did scarves for my dd's daycare teachers and pulled a nice wool with a furry yarn together and used huge needles, it went so quick. For another teacher I made a little drawstring bag and put a small gift inside. This year, since Ilearned to crochet, I whipped out the one-skein scarf in the snb crochet book.
I think they look adorable with short hair! If you wanna see some really cute chicks with short hair plus their pantas, check out the craftster panta thread!

: I almost went and got my hair cut the day I finished my Panta just because I wanted to wear short hair with my Panta...
:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, you guys really don't think it's a big deal to do something for just the Toddler teachers? Good lord, help!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnitterMama View Post
So, you guys really don't think it's a big deal to do something for just the Toddler teachers? Good lord, help!

If the infant teachers don't care for your child, then I would say it's fine not to give them a gift. At my son's preschool I give a present to everyone who works with his group, even if their responsibilities are small (e.g. student and assistant teachers), but I don't give gifts to teachers who don't work with my son.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.