Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>After the holidays I want to redo my very small bungalow kitchen. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Currently the wallpaper is blue and white gingham with a fruit boarder.  The gingham literally makes me have a headache if I look at it too long. It's awful.  The cabinets are painted white, with brass knobs, and that won't change.  Same for my breakfast nook....mostly white, with a little bit of natural pine. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think I have an idea for a color scheme, but I'm not sure.  I wanted to start with this color of green:  <a href="http://www.sherwin-williams.com/search/?Ntt=lounge+green" target="_blank">http://www.sherwin-williams.com/search/?Ntt=lounge+green</a>  Lounge green....isn't that a goofy name? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway...I was thinking about that green color on the walls up to about 3/4th of the way up or even higher, and then either white chair railing or a very narrow SIMPLE border, then....and here's what I'm not sure about.....RED up to the ceiling.  And maybe red and white toile curtains. Am I out of my mind????</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know why, but in my head it works....but, seriously, I need opinions. </p>

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Your link didn't work but I searched the color on the SW sight and it's a lovely green and just a few shades darker than the medium sage we had in our old kitchen. I paired that sage with white bead board and trim and cherry red accents, so your color combo sounds great to me. How high are your ceilings? A dark ceiling can make a low ceiling or dark room feel a bit cave-like so you might want to keep that in mind.<br><br>
I would recommend getting some samples and painting a couple of patches in the kitchen so you can see how they look in different lights at different times of the day. Happy decorating!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Yea - so I'm not crazy putting those colors together!  The ceiling is standard 8 ft....and even though the room itself is really small, there are three windows so there seems to be a lot of light all day long.  Thanks for the advice!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry the link didn't work....</p>

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
<p>My only concern with doing the 2 colors on the walls is that sometimes when you paint 3/4 of the way up the wall and then use a different color, the room can look shorter.  If it is a small kitchen or the ceilings are not very tall, it could make the space seems really small.  I think the color combination of red and green is nice especially if you add some mustard yellow. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts