Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on a two-day cleaning rampage trying to get every last smell out of my house.<br><br>
This morning, I told DH that we need to rent a steamer to wash all the curtains and furniture in the living room. He said if I haven't gotten the smell out yet, I'm not going to get it out, and I'm starting to think he's right.<br><br>
But everything smells. And it's making me want to puke.<br><br>
Anybody else dealing with this? Any ideas on how I could cover it up? Essential oils near my face or something? I'm going crazy!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh yes. My office is the worst, because I have to sit there all day, and I can't do anything about it.<br><br>
Lemons help. Seriously, I've been cutting up a lemon and keeping it in a bowl nearby. I'll suck on a slice occasionally, but the rest of the time the smell helps.<br><br>
My bathroom is the worst one at home for me, and when I try to, say, clean it, the cleaners make it even worse! Haven't found a solution there yet, let me know if you come up with one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have this lavender vanilla sugar scrub that smells SOOOOOOOO good to me right now that i've been carrying it around, unscrewing the lid when the smells hit (even the DOG smells worse than normal--that's bad!), and taking DEEP breaths of this stuff.<br><br>
It actually reall helps a lot. I had heard of some people wiping the inside of their nostrils with essential oil of lemon.....haven't tried that yet, but it may work too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ugh, the one thing I absolutely hate about being pregnant . . . my super sensitive sense of smell. We went to the grocery store this afternoon and all the smells there -- the bakery, deli meats and cheeses, butcher, produce -- about sent me over the edge! DH had to finish off shopping b/c I seriously thought I was going to lose my lunch in the middle of the store.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh the grocery store, ugh! We went the other day, and the whole place reeked of fish.<br><br>
I did pick up some lemons, though, so I'll give them a try. I reeeeeaaaally hope it helps.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had a ginger scented candle with my first pregnancy that I kept in a plastic bag in my purse. When smells got overwhelming I'd take a whiff of that. It helped, somewhat. The trick is to find something that you actually LIKE the smell of, which can be a bit of a challenge!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lemons sound like a great idea - I want to try that!<br><br>
Grocery stores, some restaurants and my office have REALLY been getting to me lately!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
We are living in a fixer upper that I thought stunk before. Whoooa mamma, does it ever stink now! Cabinet smells, toilet smells, moldy smells, just stink, stink, stink. I don't think <span style="text-decoration:underline;">anything</span> smells good, except maybe DD right before she smears food all over herself!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts