Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my DS is now just over 6 months. From the time he was born he was always very gassy, and they were always smelly. Early on he was uncomfortable because of this.<br>
Well, fast forward 6 months, he is still gassy, although it does not seem to bother him anymore, he just farts...loudly!<br>
But man o man they are smelly, like give the dog a run for her money smelly, that bad.<br>
Should i be worried? I sort of am starting to be, it does not seem normal?<br>
He is healthy, growing great, ahead of all the milestone, no rashes ect.<br>
He has always been EBF, although he has had a tiny bit of oatmeal in the last week or so.<br>
His poos have always been and continue to be normal BF poo.<br>
What gives? Should i worry? I am kind of thinking that if he is having this kind of "trouble" on something as easy to digest as BM, that he is going to have a really hard time with food, yes? no?<br><br>
When he was a newborn i did try and cut out all dairy for 4 weeks to see if he became less colicky/gassy. It did not make a difference in him (although i was miserable and lost alot of weight!), so i don't think that it would be that.<br><br>
Any thoughts, and should i be worried?<br>
Thanks everyone!<br>
-L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Mine too. I chalk it up to my two daily eggs.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The stink could be related to something else in your diet. If your child isn't uncomfortable and isn't having trouble gaining weight then it may not matter, but your child might be sensitive to something in your diet. Maybe corn or soy or something found in nearly all foods.<br><br>
I don't know if it affect your LO's food intake as you introduce solids. Actually, I don't even know if my guess is right, it just sounds logical to me based on what I'm working out with my own kid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts