Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is 4 weeks old and I'm starting to see how some items in my diet are affecting her. Mostly it's cow's milk, but I do seem to be drawn to a lot of the "problem" foods for newborns and am hoping they don't affect her as well (wheat, peanuts, other dairy, soy, etc.). I'm normally a huge milk drinker so it's been an adjustment to drink less of it. I also seem to eat the same things over and over like apples, bananas, and cereal.

I'm wondering what are some favorite snacks/meals of other BFing newborn moms? I feel like I'm always wondering what the heck to eat. TIA!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Avacados are great and really good for you! I love a nut and dried berry mix to munch on during the day. Trader Joes has a lot of different nut/berry mixes for pretty cheap. I like to have sandwiches for snacks, so I keep stuff for that on hand. My favorite right now is egg salad. I find I feel better if I include protien in my snacks and meals.
I don't think wheat, peanuts, soy and such should be a problem unless she starts showing a sensitivity. But I am sure others can offer more advice that way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi! my fave snacks right now include whole wheat crackers (Hains brand "Wheatettes"), graham crackers, blended fruit smoothies with lots of fresh organic yogurt, as well as assorted nuts.

trying to stay away from lots of chocolate, although that's what i've been craving more of lately for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.