Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My first pregnancy, so I don't really know what contractions feel like, but I dread sneezing. I feel a quick pain that kind of shoots through my lower abdomen when I do. Maybe its the same thing; maybe its something completely different. Hopefully someone else can give you a better response.

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
I have a contraction when I sneeze and when I have an orgasm. I've done this from about 15 weeks with all three of my pregnancies, and I've never had a problem with preterm labor or anything like that.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
About half the time when I sneeze I have a contraction. I'm only 18 weeks. Is this OK?
You should be. Eventually having a contraction will make you have a contraction
. If they are infrequent you should be alright. The ones you are having now really don't feel much like what full labor contractions feel like. Towards the end with DD1 I was dialated to 3cm for 6 weeks and my BH were frequent but definitly different than once I was in labor.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Its fine
I have a contraction when I use my abdominal muscles (like when trying to recline back), pass gas, have to pee, have to have a BM, think about contracting, jump up and down (or run). You name it, I contract. I have an "irritable uterus" and did with my two previous pregnancies. Dd1 was born at 40wks and dd2 was induced at almost 39.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.