Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started putting my 3 month old DD in a sling. She falls asleep instantly in it, which I love. Just wondering if your babies snore/breathe heavily while they sleep in a sling? She normally doesn't snore while she's laying flat or even when she's sleeping in my arms or in the carseat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be curious to see the answer to this as well. My DD snored and breathed very "rattly" when sleeping in the sling or pouch in a cradle hold.<br><br>
We don't use those holds anymore; mainly, she's too big.

·
Registered
71 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;"><i>Originally posted by LylasMom</i><br><b>I just started putting my 3 month old DD in a sling. She falls asleep instantly in it, which I love. Just wondering if your babies snore/breathe heavily while they sleep in a sling? She normally doesn't snore while she's laying flat or even when she's sleeping in my arms or in the carseat.</b></td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
Leia snores quietly and breathes heavily when sleeping in the<br>
sling too. I think she's just so darn comfy that she goes into<br>
a deeper sleep than when she's lying on the bed next to me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My girls are about a month old, and they also snore or kind of groan in the sling. I was wondering about it too. Does it mean their airflow is restricted? When I use a standard cradle position, it seems the the sling always makes their heads get pushed forward so their chins are on their chests. They never sleep this way out of the sling. In fact a lot of the time they arch their heads backwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts