Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We had our first snow day Monday. We probably will have one tomorrow. Yeah, I was unprepared for them to begin happening so quickly, but this snow storm across the Midwest has caused earlier snow than we normally get. As of right now, we don't have back-up care, though I'll be working on that over Christmas break.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What do you do when there are snow days? The kids stayed home with me on Monday, which meant I needed to work until around midnight. I'd like for them to go to DH's work, but that's not acceptable as a frequent solution.  </p>

·
Registered
301 Posts
<p>It's usually not a big deal for me to miss work. I can do a lot just by keeping my Blackberry with me and staying on top of emails, so nobody cares if I don't show up. If things are really tight for me, DH stays home. Or we do half-days, so that I can, say, attend a very important afternoon meeting, but DH gets to keep his stuff moving in the morning.</p>

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Both of ours stayed home today. DS has another snow day tomorrow, but I think that DD will go (fingers crossed). If she does, then DS probably will split the time between the two offices.</p>

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
<p>I can telecommute in bad weather (well, actually, any day I choose to). Today, we both ended up staying home. I worked, DP and DS entertained each other. Tomorrow, if he has another snow day, I will probably stay home with him and send DP to work because she has two meetings that were canceled today that were rescheduled for tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have an hour commute, though, so I work at home in yucky weather a lot.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts