1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this fascinating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/30/he...rtner=homepage

Quote:
New research from around the world has begun to reveal a picture of humans today that is so different from what it was in the past that scientists say they are startled. Over the past 100 years, says one researcher, Robert W. Fogel of the University of Chicago, humans in the industrialized world have undergone "a form of evolution that is unique not only to humankind, but unique among the 7,000 or so generations of humans who have ever inhabited the earth."

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's too bad, because you missed what I found to be the most important part. Good nutrition for the pregnant mama and good nutrition for the first two years. That's what many are concluding that the results mean.

And here at MDC, I thought we were all about good nutrition.
:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you interpret this the right way, its just one more reason why vax ISN"T the end all be all of ending disease. It's nutrition for the pregnant mama.

If you can't stomach the rest, read page 4. Really, its very natural living friendly.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Fascinating! Makes me so glad that DD is still BF.
It also makes me glad that when I was diagnosed with GD, during pregnancy, I did not follow the reduced-calorie low-carb diet that they gave me to eat, which was causing me to lose weight. Instead I focused on a nutrient- and fat-rich diet and cut way down on processed foods and sugar. Hopefully DD got all of the nutrition she needed in the womb.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Ok, but none of that is really new news is it? That maternal health and early childhood is what sets people up for their lifelong health paterns? I mean, I guess that it isnt' news to me just common sense. I can't BELIEVE it's taking science this long to "catch on".

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Pynki, someone did a research study a few years ago to find out what smells people find unpleasant. It turns out that feces is at the top of the list. Someone wasted good grant money for that "discovery".

But hey, some common sense actually isn't scientifically replicable. So I guess they have to subject even the most seemingly obvious notions to the scientific method, and I'm down with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts