Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm 36w3d, and i'm so not ready for this baby. i mean, i have my tub and my chux... i guess i'm ready for the BIRTH, but i have virtually no baby clothes, no car seat, no sling, just a few diapers...

i think i'm in denial about this pregnancy actually producing a real live baby.

(for those who don't know me, i have three living children, then two m/c at about 11 weeks, and now this pregnancy).

i've been patiently waiting for my nesting urge to kick in, but so far, nada.

any words of wisdom out there from mamas who have bt,dt? i know it won't be the end of the world to not have a huge wardrobe in a midwest july... but still, why am i not more excited about meeting this kid?

thanks so much, ladies.

katje

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds to me like you're scared something will go wrong.... still scared to get excited. It's ok to be scared. It's also ok to get excited and be happy; it's not a betrayal of the babes you lost. Take a few deep breaths and remember how far you've come and how well you're doing. Your baby is big enough and far enough along now; s/he is just finishing up getting ready to be born. You *will* get excited.
Don't worry about clothes, as folks love giving cute outfits for presents. All we had when Peregrine was born was some white onesies I intended to tie-dye before his birth (hahahaha), but he now has quite the wardrobe (currently in yellow duckie outfit with bill on hood)

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Katje,

I send you breath and hugs of reassurance. While I can't yet speak from personal experience, I have lived vicariously
and know you are not alone. It seems that each pregnancy unfolds into its own story. It makes sense to me that perhaps it seems a little "unreal" that you're here and about to welcome a new little one into the world and your life.

Just remember how little new ones need - milk and lots of
, the rest will all fall into place.

Enjoy your last few weeks of gestating!

LisaG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts