Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have 5 OB's in my "mainstream" practice that are supportive of me having a VBA2C. Most VBA2C moms across the country would be so envious of the support I am getting. (I had a c/s with #1, VBAC with #2, c/s with #3 due to breech) Problem is...baby won't go head down...first she's transverse in the cradle position with head on the left, then transverse in the cradle position with head on the right, then kind of oblique....
I have no idea what positions are best to get her to go in a good position. I've been going to the chiropractor regularly and sitting on my birth ball.
Just venting I guess. OB today, is willing to "let me" go at least 1 week past EDD before contemplating a RCS. He says I'm an ideal candidate - I just need baby to get in position!

ETA: I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.

· Premium Member
495 Posts
Check out spinningbabies.com...great resource!

As frustrating as it may be, some babies don't get into a proper position 'till labor starts (or even after). IMO, I would refuse a RCS unless I had a transverse baby and labor had already started.

· Registered
328 Posts
My c/s was due to breech and then my second baby was breech as well. I tried chiropractic, Spinning Babies, even moxibustion a few times, and finally had an external version at 36 weeks. Baby was born vaginally 3.5 weeks later. The version only took about a minute (monitoring before and after took a few hours, but the procedure was very quick and painless). I did Hypnobabies so maybe that helped with the comfort level.

Either try a version or wait to go into labor and see what happens.

· Registered
5,554 Posts
Ugh. That's frustrating. I was just looking at the spinningbabies website earlier today to try to determine how my lo is positioned. There are tips for turning a transverse and breech, etc. GL!

· Registered
2,278 Posts
My 1st 2 births were great hospital births. My 3rd child was transverse with mild IUGR, and a tight nuchal cord. I had my first c-section. I am quite sure it was one of the times it was necessary...though I'd probably exhaust different options now that I'm more aware. Then I had a RCS because our hospital has banned them, and when I saw another OB they totally talked me out of it based on pretty much..."you'll have so much monitoring, you'll likely have a c-section anyway". I wasn't letting that happen this last time around. I, like you, found an EXCELLENT OB practice and hospital that was wonderfully VBA2C supportive! Well...then my little stinker was transverse (like his oldest sister) until 38 1/2 weeks. I knew that my Dr had parameters of not going too overdue.....(has to work within hospital guidelines to maintain his ability to promote VBA2C) ugh....I went to the Chiropractor ONE time and had webster technique performed. He went head down that night, descended and applied pressure to my cervix. He was born a bit over 2 weeks later and he was 8 lbs 10 oz, so he likely moved somewhere in the 7 lbs + range!

YOU CAN DO IT! Visualize, pray (if that's your deal-it's mine), talk to the baby, maintain great posture, walk walk walk, and get in for webster if you can!

Blessings!

· Registered
79 Posts
Webster technique, spinningbabies.com, and get on all four's....and stay there. Scrub your kitchen floor if you need an excuse to stay in that position. Put your chest on your birth ball and have your hips at a 90 degree angle to the floor to watch TV or play with older children. That was really comfy for me. I also used to sleep for 45 min. or so at night on all 4's. I'd stack miles of pillows up and rest my chest on those and let my belly hang down. My hips got a bit stiff but I'll chalk that up to old age

Also, if you have access to a swimming pool....get in it. Float on your stomach. Let gravity do the work for you. Hold on to the side of the pool and kick your legs.

Talk to you baby. Explain to him/her what position you need him to be in and why. Do this a lot.

Wishing you all the best!!

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
I've been seeing a great chiropractor regularly - so I'm not sure what else she can do. However, I do have 2 appointments next week.
I'm also going to ask about a version.
I've been spending a lot of time on my hands and knees as well as well as doing the breech tilt.
The hard thing is I'm not sure exactly what position she's in all the time - thus I'm not sure what is best to do.
My last baby was a c/s due to breech and I tried everything (except a version) to get her to turn - chiro, swimming, tilts, moxibustion, etc. and nothing worked. I'm just so scared it's going to turn out the same way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.