Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we're supposed to have extra discharge when pg, but I'm starting to soak through my underwear and pants from all this excess. I'm sure that's probably TMI but it's really getting bad. We were at Menards today and I felt something wet. I looked down and I had this wet spot the size of a silver dollar on the front of my pants.
And, that's not the first time it's happened. Anyone else battling w/this? If so, what do you do?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I don't have that this time (and hopefully I won't!), but I did w/ my 2nd. I started wearing pantyliners. That's all I can think of! Sorry you're going through this! I may not be quite as bad as you, but I have been bad enough that I feel the need to take a shower or at least wash up down there twice a day lately. Yuck! LOL!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about pantyliners, but wearing disposable pads make me itch terribly and I don't have any cloth pads. It's getting so bad that I'm about to rip some doublers out of the cloth diapers I have and line my underwear with those. :LOL At least they'd be soft!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Don't be embarrassed!!! I have the same problem you are experiencing and need to wear a pad every day when I'm pregnant. I say, get some cloth pads asap! They are so much more comfortable than sposie pads. Especially in the summertime. The doublers would work too, though they could "migrate" a bit.

I wear sweet cheeks new moon pads (the regular flow kind). www.newmoonpads.com These don't have any wings or snaps to attach them to your underwear. Instead they have a layer of fleece on the bottom. The heat of you body makes it kind of mold into the right shape so it doesn't move around. The fleece also serves as the waterproof layer, so there's no PUL them. You need to be wearing snug fitting underwear, or I don't think they would work that great. Some people have problems forgetting about the pad and it falling into the toilet when they go to the bathroom, but This has never happened to me.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This didn't happen to me at all last time. I really never noticed a difference between the discharge when I was pg and when I wasn't.

I'm going to look into cloth pads (I'm going to need some anyway!) and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy1221
I make my own cloth pads. Out of sherpa. Sherpa is SO nice! LOL!
Ooooh, I'm a big sherpa fan. That would be sooo soft!! You must fill us in on how you make these.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Ugh, this has been driving me nuts lately. I remember it from last time too. I hate wearing undies to bed, but...ahem...I don't exactly have a choice anymore, and it's been really bugging me. I think I need to buy some new, extra soft undies. I'd LOVE to try the mama pads, but I happen to have a huge stock of disposies and I can't justify the cost of new cloth ones

You're not alone! (Though, what a weird way for us all to bond, LOL!)

Melissa

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
Ooooh, I'm a big sherpa fan. That would be sooo soft!! You must fill us in on how you make these.

Well, I make my own cloth diapers (I have a cottage license for Goodness Gracious--which I think is the best pattern out there, but I haven't done any advertising or made a website yet.) and sherpa is my current favorite (and that hasn't changed since I discovered it almost a year ago, so I doubt I'll ever find a new favorite! LOL! Before that I used mainly hemp. Until I discovered sherpa and my ds developed a hemp allergy.) I have a serger and I serge everything, but there's no reason why you couldn't sew them. All I did was take my MOE pads, which I HATED. I think polyester fleece feels DISGUSTING! I can't think of any other word to describe how I thought it felt. I quit using fleece and suedecloth to line my pocket diapers as well after wearing an MOE mama pad. ROFL. Now I use sherpa against skin for everything I make, even pocket diapers. Wicking sounds like a nice idea, but if it feels like that to the baby, then no thanks!

Anyway... sorry for that little ranty tangent. I looked at those pads. I use the MOE liners and snap my own pads into them. I use anywhere from 2 to 5 layers of sherpa depending on how absorbant I want them to be. I have a snap press, so after I cut them out, I put in the snap and then serge them all together. I make my edges round, so they're shaped like a regular maxi pad, not rectangular like MOE. The thin ones are just oblong and the thicker ones I add wings that just stick out on the sides, don't snap down around or anything. I hope I'm describing these well enough. I'm going to make some more liners for myself though, using 2 layers of PUL serged and probably just an exact copy of the MOE liners for my pads to snap into. They were really easy. I don't even have a pattern, I just use diaper scraps and make them whatever size my scraps allow. LOL! So most of my light flow ones are short and my heavier ones are regular length.

I think if someone who doesn't have a serger or snap press wanted to make them, it could easily be done. You could either sew them inside out leaving a little hole to flip them right side out and sew shut, or just zig zag the edges. Or not. Sherpa is a knit, so the edges will roll up if you don't finish them, but they won't fray. And if you don't have a snap press, I think putting fleece on the bottom (not against your skin) would make them "stick" well enough to your underwear or you could just add a string to both sides to tie to your undies. Does that make sense?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.