Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bf and I are going to Mpls this weekend. Which means real maternity stores! I'm giddy! All we've got around here is Walmart and Kmart, and to say their selection is limited is generous. (Kmart is better, though. Walmart literally has: 1 style of capri, 2 styles of pants, and 3-4 styles of shirts. And none of them are anything I would be caught dead in. I'd sooner wear a garbage bag.)

And Ryan (the bf) is determined that we're going to find me "cute" maternity clothes...aparently he doesn't find the idea of me wearing a muumuu for the next 6 months attractive

·
Registered
838 Posts
Woo-hoo! I had good luck at Kohl's (don't know if they have those out by you...?). I managed to find two pairs of nice work pants, a pair of really cute cargo capris, and two really pretty blouses, and they were all on sale!

Have fun!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yay! Up here in Duluth we've got Target, Motherhood, Kohl's and Old Navy, and I thought that was a little limited! Are you a Minnesota girl, too?

BTW, in maternity clothes, a lot of times you can buy stuff without trying it on, once you know your standard size, and you can get great stuff online!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eli janine
Yay! Up here in Duluth we've got Target, Motherhood, Kohl's and Old Navy, and I thought that was a little limited! Are you a Minnesota girl, too?

BTW, in maternity clothes, a lot of times you can buy stuff without trying it on, once you know your standard size, and you can get great stuff online!
Nah, not cool enough to be a Minnesota girl (but I hope to be some day!). I live way up in the north east corner of Nebraska, about 20 mins from SD and 60 mins from IA (and about 6-7 hrs from Mpls). If I could get up to Sioux Falls ever (about 1-1.5 hrs away), I could get to a Target, Old Navy, and I think Kohl's. Alas, the only place I ever go is Yankton, SD (20 mins away), and as I mentioned, the height of their maternity fashions are at Kmart.

Ya know, this is a predominately Catholic area....lots of big families and all that. You'd think there'd be a big demand for maternity clothes!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
whoohooo!! A dancin' banana in the name of shopping
I pretty much am limited to Old Navy because it's really hard for me to find the smaller sizes, but I hope you have way better luck! If you go to motherhood maternity don't give them your address unless you want formula samples, coupons, and crappy magazines sent to your house for the first year of your baby's life

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am lucky enough to have it all around here... now if only I had the money to buy some things! I have a lot of winter clothes from my last pregnancy but had managed to get through the summer without needing them... this time I got big so fast I can't get through the warmth without maternity clothes.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great! I remember shopping in Walmart type stores and being sorely disappointed in their selection. Even Target had a stinky selection! Happy shopping

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leximom
If you go to motherhood maternity don't give them your address unless you want formula samples, coupons, and crappy magazines sent to your house for the first year of your baby's life

Oh I second and third this! It drives me nuts when shopping at Motherhood and BabiesR Us that they ask for your phone number and info. Then it drives the clerk nuts when I tell them "No, thanks." One teenage girl was so flustered she didn't know how to use the cash register without entering my phone number. I told her to enter "nines".
:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Mimi maternity also has that aweful mailing list. I went in there yesterday (they are having a GREAT sale- I got 5 shirts for $65) and the clerk was so confused about how to keep me off the mailing list...

Also, when you find out your size, www.babystyle.com has some really nice stuff and they are also having a sale. Use coupon code BABYJEL for $10 any order of $30 or more.

Have FUN - I hope you find lots of really cute stuff!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eli janine

Someone from Duluth! I grew up there, but now live in Atlanta. I am INCREDIBLY homesick....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have fun in MPLS!!!! I live in Phoenix, AZ now but I'm from MPLS and I have been craving Milio's (subs) Leaning Tower of Pizza, and Leeann Chin's...so maybe have some for me!

·
Registered
198 Posts
How fun!!! I don't know what your style is, but I got some cute, TRENDY stuff on an ebay store called KikisMaternity. Their stuff is all brand new and most of it really cute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts