Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD has been having stomach issues since weaning in dec, and they seemed to go a little crazy this past month, so i took her to the dr, and we went ahead with celiac tests, a food panel, and testing for inflammation. everything came back normal. so fast foward.......i took her off of milk while we were wating for the tests since we thought that was the culprit......it was sad....milk is her drink of choice. she was drinking rice milk, since i don't know how i feel about soy, and she was being tested for soy, too. we got the results back, and i let her start drinking lactaid yesterday......today, mucus and blood in her bms again. argh........i guess we're going to try for referalls to an allergist maybe and a ped GI, but i'm just confused as to how she can test negative (numbers were all almost 0) but obviously react quickly to milk.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well, the tests aren't always accurate, I know that. We had IgA and IgG (ELISA) tests done. For DS, NOTHING showed for wheat or gluten or celiac but he is obviously reacting to wheat and oats.

It does sound like she is reacting to milk so I would take her off ALL dairy for now (including ingredients in processed foods such as whey and casein). Doesn't mean she won't ever be able to eat all dairy, some people can eat cheese fine (or goat dairy) and only have a problem with cow's milk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.