Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I just got a "deal" on some of these on ebay, but I purchased going off of the only review I could find (diaperpin). Any one here use these?

update.
So I recieved them in the mail. Talk about trim! I know why they leak, they have maybe two layers of the worlds thinnest terry, at most. (they don't smell at least!) I'm hoping I can just make some inserts/doublers and use the dipes themselves as covers. Any ideas? Any suggestions for the best material to hold NB BF poo? Is it possible/probable that because they are made to be dipes/aio's that adding inserts/doublers would make them too small?

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
umm... I tried them with dd #1... HATED THEM I'm sorry to say. I'm not even sure how to describe the cover but for the soaker imagine a Gerber prefold that's been flattened. Doesn't absorb anything, gave dd a horrible rash and the smell, omg, smelled like they had been soaked in kerosene even after several washed and I bought them NIB!

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ughhhh. Oh well. I got eighteen nib for sixteen dollars, so not that much wasted. I really hope they don't smell like yours did!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 3 of them that I got really cheap a couple of years ago. They aren't very absorbant, but with a doubler they're OK. I never had any stink issue with mine.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I found one new in bag at the thrift store, It never did hold anything. I gave up and threw it out. I didn't want another mom to buy it and get put off cloth diapering.

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine in the mail. I see what you mean about not holding much. I updated p1. I'm hoping to use them as covers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts