Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the Kiwi thread I'm scared!!!

Am I missing something? do you click on the one you want and if it isn't taken yet, you somehow were the first person at stocking, THEN a page comes up to put your paypal address in? I never even got to that page?!!! was I just way too slow???
I new to all this stalking stuff, but just like everyone else I'd love a kiwi too

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am sure the Kiwi Pie hyena cart works the same as it did for our raffle there so I think it works this way:

You click on the item you want and it brings you to a screen to see the details. On that screen there is a field for your email address and a "Buy" button. The first person to put their email address in that field and click buy wins. LOL! Most shopping carts keep the item in stock until checkout is complete which usually means a payment is made. Hyena cart will take it out of stock as soon as someone clicks Buy, even if they never pay. Works great for hyena type items since people are sure to pay. Would be terrible for products that people are unsure of buying as it would be taken out of stock and payment might not ever be received which means items would constantly have to be manually put back in stock over and over until someone actually decides to pay for it.
The great thing about it for hyena type items is it keeps things from overselling at all which is great for the WAHM.

So basically, the first person to add it to their cart gets it, whereas other carts you put the item in your cart then checkout before it is actually yours.

HTH!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks, I was clicking but no option came up to buy, so I guess I was too slow!!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong!!! I really want to try for a large, but I dont have my hopes up too high!
Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
From what I gathered with the raffle sales, it does not "hold" it in your cart forever but only for just long enough to complete the transaction before it spits it back into stock. I bought into one of the raffles (MM maybe?) when there were only 3 tickets left. I was planning on buying two but it seemed silly to leave one lonely one out there by itself. So I had all three in my cart and went to check my PayPal balance, but by the time I got back to "buy" all three were back in stock. I don't know what the time limit is, but I would venture to say about a minute. That's my experience with the Hyena Cart, anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
From what I gathered with the raffle sales, it does not "hold" it in your cart forever but only for just long enough to complete the transaction before it spits it back into stock.
Ah, not sure, maybe that is a new feature? I know with the raffle we had to manually add the unpaid tickets back in stock, they didn't re-stock after a time limit. That would be a nice feature if it does that now though!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melaniee
I can't believe I am asking this...

So, do you just sit at the main page and refresh or can you go into the specific item you want and refresh until it becomes available?
I tried going to the item and refreshing and it didn't work. I could only do it by refreshing at the main page. Didn't get one though :LOL

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahmom
I tried going to the item and refreshing and it didn't work. I could only do it by refreshing at the main page. Didn't get one though :LOL

That's ok, cuz you're supposed to be on the wagon anyway!
:LOL

·
Registered
499 Posts
Susan, thanks for asking this and Amy, thanks for the detailed reply! I was going to ask exactly this myself, so am glad I checked. Have been watching the KP saga from afar... I didn't even want to try after the way the first stocking went! Not to mention the time differences make it impossible unless I enlisted the help of a stalking buddy

But I did want to know how it was so different and so much more efficient than regular shopping carts and why it would arouse so much emotion

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
But I think one of Maria's covers did oversell this time, even with the Hyena Cart, didn't it?
:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KayleeZoo
But I think one of Maria's covers did oversell this time, even with the Hyena Cart, didn't it?
:

Cutie Patootie and I have the honor of overselling Hyena Cart.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
Cutie Patootie and I have the honor of overselling Hyena Cart.

Adding to what Kim said
:, that was the second time in the same day that Ustasmom and I oversold hyena wool. :LOL
ETA: the first oversell wasn't on the hyena cart though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts