Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

I had a D&C two years ago this September, after a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. My doctor recommended that we wait two months before trying again, but told us that was really only so that there wouldn't be any worries about dating the pregnancy. My midwife told us that most doctors recommend waiting, but that in most cases, there is no physical need to wait. Many women can get pregnant again right away, before their period even returns.

Health wise, our midwife felt that we should give ourselves time to grieve, and then start trying again as soon as we felt ready. We felt ready right away. We were grieving the baby we'd lost, but we really wanted to be pregnant again. So, we started trying in October, and I didn't get pregnant until February. I was charting, and I really don't think my body was ready to get pregnant until then.

Those four months of trying and getting negatives were really hard on us, and seemed to reinforce our loss every month. Very difficult. However, we did get pregnant and now have a beautiful 7 month old DD.

Do what feels right to you, but be gentle with yourself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts