Mothering Forum banner

So how much weight did you put on so far?

3237 Views 152 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  Sandrine
My weight just went crazy last few weeks!! So far I have put about 23 lbs!!!!!! I HATE IT! I was NOT concerned about my wieght during my first pregnancy, but I am obsessed with it now!! My legs are HUGE not even mentioning my but!
How bigger am I gonna get in next 17 weeks?
I put 40 lb with my first but the most part was towards the END of the pregnancy not so early! I don't know why it really bugs me....I hate feeling that huge. I am just not enjoying this at all.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 153 Posts
I have put on 17lbs - but i was a good 15lbs overweight when i got pregnant, so i am a little chubby! My bum has grown as much as my belly - to stop me falling over! To chear myself up i spent a silly amount of money on new pants and bras - after being pregnant / breastfeeding for so long my undies were a little gray and saggy!

From what i've read you eat pretty healthily, so i recon your babe has just had a growth spurt and all the weight will fall off within a month or so of giving birth.

If not you can start a large ass tribe with me
See less See more
You are funny!

OK I'll join your tribe!

That's the one thing that keeps me calm - knowing I will loose it all really fast.

I think

it's just the fact that things are happening so much faster this time around!! At least I know my body is doing what it's design to do because I am also so much wider!! My pelvis is opening up already!

the thing is that we are going to Orlando - Sea World at the end of May and I hate to be that big!!
I don't know what the heck I am going to wear there! I know for sure it's NOT gonna be bathing suite!
See less See more
Not much this time, maybe 6-8lbs, but I lost a lot in the beginning so it took some time to get that back first. Don't worry Pavlina - you probably just had a spurt and will plateau a bit now. Just keep taking good care of yourself and don't stress about the weight.
Everything is happening much faster with me as well. I think I look about 8 months pg at this point! I am up about 22 pounds! I gained a total of 25 last time. This time I am actually eating healthier and I exercise, so go figure....
I gained 65 my last preggo, and I really didn't want to do that again (felt uncomfortable, high bp, had to rest after week 36, couldn't loose it all, etc) So I am proud to say I have only gained 10 lbs since week 8, wasn't weighed before 8, but I don't think it could of been more thatn 2 or 3 pounds! Anyway I hope I can keep this up, as I was a little chubby still when we conceived!
I've gained about 30lbs. Compared to this time in my first pregnancy, I'm doing pretty well (gained about 65-70lbs last time!! overall). I have NO appetite these days though, so I'm not eating nearly as much. I slowed way down towards the end last time, too.

I'm trying to eat a healthy diet, but I love jelly beans, and there are tons of them everywhere.
I'm 26 weeks and have put on about 13 lbs. I spent the year before conception working out HARD and getting my body in peak physical condition so I think that has a lot to do with my slow weight gain. I feel guilty that my exercising has tapered off to nothing, but the break is well needed and I'll start up again once the boy is here.

Every body is different and everyone starts out in a different place so its not really productive to compare weights.....height and age and muscle tone and all kinds of things factor in. I'm enjoying the changes my body is going through and I hope you all find the beauty in your baby bodies as well!
i haven't gained any weight at all...you know why? because i haven't weighed myself!! not since before i got pregnant.

and i'm not going to weigh myself until a few weeks after my baby is born. i'm gaining weight, i right where i'm supposed to be.
See less See more
In 25 wks & 2 days
.... I have gained 20 lbs.
I was stressing over it but not anymore. I gained a total of 45 lbs last pregnancy & lost it all fairly easy ........ this time I am actually eating healthier & drinking more water & exercising atleast 3x a week. I didnt really do any of that b4 so?!?!
I think 1/2 of it is breast weight!
See less See more
about 20 lbs. i lost some in the beginning, then made up for lost time ... last month i gained 9 lbs!
i remember last time around, i gained steadily throughout (for a total gain of about 40 lbs) ... this time i'm definitely going in spurts. also, i thought i was gaining all belly, but i caught a glimpse of my arse in the gym mirror the other day, and ... um ... i'll join that tribe, too.
See less See more
As of my 24 week appointment (I am now 27.1), I had gained 19 lbs. With Emma I gained 76 lbs. (20 in the last two weeks, PIH), and 42 with Seth. I am not too worried. I usually gain a bit, it eventually comes off.
See less See more
I am up only 39lbs. i'm hoping to gain 20 during the time that is left. i'm hoping for 30 more tho.
See less See more
I've gained about 23 lbs. I started slow, then put on 6 lbs. at 3 consecutive appts. which had me a little concerned. I gained 43 the 1st time, but lost 60 and started out smaller this time around. I'm eating healthy and walking to the park still with my son so I think it's just the body doing what it does. We're going on a cruise next week and I have to get my butt (and belly) in a bathing suit - wish me luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsHenderson
We're going on a cruise next week and I have to get my butt (and belly) in a bathing suit - wish me luck!
Ooh, I am jealous!! Where are you all going?? Have SO much fun!
I'm not 100% sure what weight I started the pg at, but I was roughly at the high end of normal range for my height. I think I've gained about 15 lbs so far. I lost some at the beginning, but since then have been in a cycle of gaining and plateauing.

The additional weight seems to be all in my belly and breasts. If anything, the rest of me is getting smaller! I'm OK with that.
See less See more
I never lost any of my last baby's weight so I was up about 15 pounds from where I am normally. At 21 weeks I was up about 15 pounds, and have probably gained another 10 this last month. Oh, well...

Mary
I think I've gained about 25 lbs. I was 125 when I got pg. I weighed 141 at my last appointment and I bet when I go in next week, I weigh 150. This past month, my boobs have gained another cup size and my belly has gotten big. I lost my belly button last week! Honestly, though, I think I'll slow down now because it's finally getting warm out and I will be very active outside. I hate winter and I don't do much outside except maybe shovel the driveway. And we barely had any snow this winter, so seriously, I didn't get any exercise the whole time I've been pg. Now, I'm getting our 2500 sq ft veg garden prepped, trimming trees, stacking firewood, cleaning out the barn, raking leaves, hanging clothes on the line. Woohoo! my fav time of year. Okay, I'll get off my tangent.
Quote:

Originally Posted by emgremore
our 2500 sq ft veg garden

Wow!! Colour me impressed!! I'm feeling pretty good because we're actually planning a small vegetable garden again this year ... about 16 square feet!
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by emgremore
Honestly, though, I think I'll slow down now because it's finally getting warm out and I will be very active outside. I hate winter and I don't do much outside except maybe shovel the driveway. And we barely had any snow this winter, so seriously, I didn't get any exercise the whole time I've been pg.
same here... except i never even shovel snow
1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.