Mothering Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
I went into our ped's office loaded with questions about health risks etc. The ped couldn't answer a few of the questions. He didn't know that formaldyhde (sp?) was in vacs. He didn't know fetal tissue was used in some. I believe he honestly didn't know.

Folks here on mdc helped me formulate a lot of basic questions. I felt good going in there and just asking and seeing what he said. I knew answers to some of the questions, but not all. But this way you are just asking questions to find out what their take on vaxes is. If they are a good ped they should at least appreciate your concern for your child's health. I think the ped I mentioned above was surprised and hadn't been asked questions like that before.

We didn't even have to give a reason for not vaxing. We just say we are not vaxing. We live in Maine and I get state insurance and wic and they know we don't vax and they are not allowed to ask why.

· Registered
760 Posts
quote :
"Read How To Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor by Robert Mendelsohn. He recommended against well baby visits and he was a ped!!!"

He was a ped for 30 years, too. Great book, offers great insight on when calling a dr. is really necessary.

Our naturopath has been a great help too, and she has always asks a bazillion questions about particular situation, prioritizes diet, low stress environment, exercise along with treatments like cranial sacral, herbs, homoepathy, etc.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The doctor was not agreeable to delaying (it would ruin the effectiveness of vax already given). And cannot continue to treat if a child if all vaxes were stopped for safety of other children in the practice.
:

I have found a ped who is agreeable to not continuing with vaxes

Just a brief update for those interested.

· Registered
9,002 Posts
EBM, sorry your ped wasn't supportive. Glad you found another one!

I am seriously considering stopping the wb visits because the one and only time Eliza got sick was a few days after her 2 month well baby visit when there was a ton of sick kids in the office. She hasn't been sick at all since. And I don't like how they use antibacterial hand gel between patients instead of hot water and soap to wash hands.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.