Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get Abrielle outside and totally missed all the stairs after the top one and landing flat on my belly on the cement. I also twisted the heck out of my ankle.

Baby is fine, she wasn't moving so I went to the hospital. They did NST's and she was ok. Wasn't moving for about 3 hours but most likely in shock. Ankle is sprained and I have crutches and an air cast. UGH.

Crutches are not fun with sciatica and muscle soreness and a big belly. Be careful ladies.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
oh I'm so sorry. That's really scary. So glad everything is okay with the babes. I slipped on our stairs carrying my toddler earlier in this pregnancy, but it wasn't that bad. It's always scary though.
I hope your ankle recovers quickly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you fell, but REALLY glad everything seems to be okay!!

Thanks for the reminder to be extra careful with ourselves...sometimes it can be hard to remember that we're a bit off balance all the time when we're rushing around!

·
Registered
868 Posts
You poor thing! I think you've had the roughest pregnancy of the entire DDC. Thanks for the warning for us to watch out, but I'm doubling that for you.

·
Registered
433 Posts
wow, i am so glad that baby is okay. i know i would be soooo scared, so i'm sure you're relieved. thanks for reminding us about being careful. dh is always telling me to slow down b/c i have a bad habit of jumping straight up to standing from sitting, so i'll try to remember to move a little slower myself....

hope you make a swift recovery! and don't feel guilty mama...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was kind of weird, I didn't trip or lose my footing I just completly flew off the fourth step missing the other 3.

I did get treated very nicely in labor and delivery once I made it up there. They fed the heck out of me and got me a warm blankie. I am going in today to my midwife to get swabbed for Bacterial Vaginosis and follow up with this.

My ankle is feeling a little better. I don't really need the crutches much, but they help from time to time.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
How awful! I am glad to here that your baby is doing well. I hope that you heal fast!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is pretty freaking crazy. I did the exact same thing when I was pregnant with my second son. Had a fracture in my right ankle. I know how painful and annoying it is to get around on an air cast.

Feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wow that must have been scary!!! I'm so glad to hear that baby is well - kind of sad to think that the little one was in too much shock to move
But the outcome is great, considering!

How long do you have to have the crutches and cast thing?

Hugs, mama!!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The crutches were a BOTHER. LOL I am so wobbly they were a joke. I actually am without the cast today! It's still sore but totally managable!

:

I'm feeling much better and the monkey inside me is NO LONGER in shock! HAHA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.