Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH & I haven't been trying, but not preventing. I am now 5 days late & no positive test yet. I have taken 2 POAS tests. I had 2 days of miniscule spotting--which could be implantation spotting. I just want to know if I am or not. We are so excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.
How long would you wait before you tested again? Would you call your midwife to do a blood test??

·
Registered
594 Posts
With even the least sensitive of tests I would have a very dark line by the time I was 5 days late.... So, if it was me, I would tend to think that the spotting was my period for the month...

However, every woman is different and I am sure that there are others here who have had to wait longer than 5 says after a missed period to test positive.

FYI, implantation bleeding usually occurs about 7-10 days after ovulation... Usually before a period would be expected.

I hope you get the outcome you're hoping for!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
If I had a delayed period and negative home tests, I'd suppose my ovulation had been delayed and wait around a few more days to see what happened, and test every few days maybe. Could be too soon to tell if conception happened later than I would have thought, could just not be time for the period yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My siamese started yowling the moment I concieved... I was about to take him in for bloodwork when the POAS said PREGNANT... We weren't trying... didn't even talk about it, weren't ready... it's all good now.

·
Registered
959 Posts
With even the least sensitive of tests I would have a very dark line by the time I was 5 days late.... So, if it was me, I would tend to think that the spotting was my period for the month...

However, every woman is different and I am sure that there are others here who have had to wait longer than 5 says after a missed period to test positive.
QUOTE]

Don't be discouraged yet! I didn't get my BFP until super late- turns out I had ovulated wayyyy late over the holidays. Late ovulation plus regular luteal phase = late implantation and later positive. Unless you know EXACTLY when you ovulated, it can be a little misleading to say that you are EXACTLY 5 days late...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.