Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS hasnt worn PUL since May/June because his butt would overheat sweat and his skin would rub together and split in the cracks(leg creases, crease above his butt, ect). That is the main reason we switched to cloth, disposables were doing the same to his but in feb/march. But as it got colder here(which is unusual for where I live) I wondered if it was ok to try PUL, that maybe it was because its normally hot and humid(during the summer we always have 100% humidity and tempts from 88-102) here that maybe now that it is unusually cold(40s-50s) I could try PUL and see if it would work or not. So ive been using it during the day for 1 change in between our normal fitteds and he's been doing fine with the once in a while. Well last night I put one on him and we went upstairs to bed to nurse and I was going to change him but feel asleep in a My Precious Baby By April PUL AIO and slept 12 hours in it and I was totally suprised when we woke up and i took it off and his skin looked and felt as normal as his usual night diaper.

So I guess its ok to use it during the winter, which is cool, Im off to look for AIOs, LOL

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
That's awesome. We couldn't use AIOs at all until it cooled down here as well. I stocked up for the winter but they will be put away again by May. In August it is even too hot for wool! I plan on just using prefolds again in August.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl
That's awesome. We couldn't use AIOs at all until it cooled down here as well. I stocked up for the winter but they will be put away again by May. In August it is even too hot for wool! I plan on just using prefolds again in August.
ohh good Im not alone... yeah during the summer he wears fitteds and prefolds only, no covers clothes or anything :LOL when we go out he usually wears a fitted and a t-shirt, and some sandals, and sometimes a cover and/or shorts depending where we are going

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Awesome!!! We are the same way! Ella can't wear PUL in the summer months for more than an hour or so at a time. She could wear one AIO, but that would have to be followed by a fitted and wool cover. Now that it is COLD here, she can wear AIOs all day without a problem.

So, whatcha gonna get?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well Ive only tried a very few AIOs, MPBBA but they are AI2s and I reallt want AIOs. And FCB AIOs and I have a VB on order that should ship tomorrow. I love my FCB AIOs I have size 2s and they are a bit big so Im keeping my eye out for 1s

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijja
I am in Phoenix and I use lighweight Windpro in the summer months with no other clothing except a T-shirt. It works very well.
yes we have a few windpro aios, 2 with applique's on the back for the very purpose of diaper and tshirt only :LOL

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijja
I am in Phoenix and I use lighweight Windpro in the summer months with no other clothing except a T-shirt. It works very well.
Tijja,

I lived in PHX until September, and I know all too well windpro was the only thing as well. Either coverless or windpro shorts.

SEEPAE,

I am glad he is going to be able to give it a go again. I never bought any more PUL. I just gave up. Now that I am down a bunch of covers, perhaps I will give it a go again

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meco
I am glad he is going to be able to give it a go again. I never bought any more PUL. I just gave up. Now that I am down a bunch of covers, perhaps I will give it a go again

you should

and happy 2000th post!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
That's how my ds is too ... now that it's cool (and down right cold for us some days), he can wear pul/pockets/aios! I love it because I have some more options and some trimness for under his jeans. I am sure, though, that by June or July (usually it doesn't heat up until July - we get June Gloom), the pockets and such will be put away and he'll be coverless again. But for now, I say enjoy it! Oh, and where did you order the VB AIO? If I ever have paypal again (it's amazing how fast that goes!), I want to try one of those and an AIO from Bum-Ware.

Kate - I am
'ing the ddddc!!! :LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.