Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I want my cat to have a friend but I do not think she does
She is a princess and I would be afraid that she may feel replaced I got her from the SPCA last year and I know she lived with a dog at her old home but not sure if she really liked it she is so silly and loves to play and run around I could see her having so much fun with a friend I would NOT get a kitten I would get a cat about her age 3 - 4 kittens are to crazy for me with a toddler and my nephew who I babysit all the time so really 2 toddlers! but like I said I would love for her to have a friend she is so social and loves my Ds to aboslute peices and honestly is kindda protective of him (she is very meternal
: ) So I do not know how it would work out in that aspect also but I feel bad that she doesn;t have a friend I head that cats need other cats is that true she seems very happy here with just her but could she be lonely since at her old home she had a dog? I just don;t know what to do I want another cat but if she would not be happy I would not want another one how do you know?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Our Gypsy came to us as a stray and she is quite the princess now too! I felt the same way, that she needed a friend, so we decided to adopt from a rescue. We were told a male cat would be best and we got a 2 year old neutered male. She is approx. the same age (best guess the vet could give)

The first few weeks she hissed and spit alot, but eventually she 'tolerated' him. Now, they get along well and he even grooms her (never the other way of course ::the princess:
LOL

Anyway, it's been about six months now and I'm really glad we added another cat to the family, even though it was a bit of a rough start, I'm told that's normal. They are SO funny playing!! Look at my pic in my sig line to see!!

HTH!!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The licture is cute I bet they are a hoot I love watching my friends cats groom each other and play. I want my kitty to have that! (ohh and OT I love the red blinds I saw that is a pretty pretty red!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneezykids View Post
Our Gypsy came to us as a stray and she is quite the princess now too! I felt the same way, that she needed a friend, so we decided to adopt from a rescue. We were told a male cat would be best and we got a 2 year old neutered male. She is approx. the same age (best guess the vet could give)

The first few weeks she hissed and spit alot, but eventually she 'tolerated' him. Now, they get along well and he even grooms her (never the other way of course ::the princess:
LOL

Anyway, it's been about six months now and I'm really glad we added another cat to the family, even though it was a bit of a rough start, I'm told that's normal. They are SO funny playing!! Look at my pic in my sig line to see!!

HTH!!!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Not like this will make your decision any easier, but just had to warn. Sometimes they NEVER adjust, as is the case with my mom's 11yr old tabby, Lily. Lily lost both cats she grew up with in less than 1 year. Her playmate Rosie died of feline leukemia, and 7 months later Aleah, the first cat we ever had, died of old age. My mom was missing them terribly and decided to adopt a ginormous black Maine **** mix from a shelter named Tucker. Tucker looks scary but he's sweet and playful. Lily is terrified of him. Then she adopted another cat, a female Turkish Angora named Maya. Lily hates her too. Lily has been living with Tucker and Maya for 4 years now and still hates them, hisses at them, and runs and hides most of the time. Now granted Lily is the kind of cat who hears a thunderstorm 100 miles away and hides under the bed until it passes-she's always been timid. But Lily will never ever adjust. I would do a trial run, maybe with a friend's cat, to see how your cat reacts before you adopt a new one and there's no turning back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.