Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking dh is going to be so blown away with how clean this floor is. It's one of those times where you really get down on your hands & knees & get every little speck and every corner sparkling clean, pull out the fridge & clean behind it, etc. I imagine him coming in and saying "that look great!". But no, he comes in and says "you're killing me, this is a farm ya know, the dogs are going to mess it up next time the have to go outside". I just look up from my hands & knees position and all I can say is "huh?". Why can't he just ever say anything nice?

·
Registered
760 Posts
men just do not understand the magnitude of a scrubbed and sparkling floor as fleeting as the cleanliness is-its still a nice thing.

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
Aw, he's such a guy...

That was his way of expressing his appreciation, really it was...he was just sad because you did so much work that was going to get all messed up in such a short period of time.

Next time, just smile sweetly and say, "Well, at least it will sparkle for just a minute. I'm planning on taking a picture!"

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by becoming View Post
Aw, I'm sorry.
Did you let him know how much his comment upset you?
I did. I said "not exactly the reaction I was expecting". He did say "sorry, it looks nice." I was just expecting much more unfortunately. Seeing as how it's been at least 3 years since I did that type of "get every single last scuff mark off" floor scrubbing.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnutter View Post
men just do not understand the magnitude of a scrubbed and sparkling floor
Just as I have no appriciation for an organized tool shed...It's something I'll never do, so something I don't understand & appriciate. You'll never find my dh on his hands and knees scrubbing the floor (unless he's dropped something, and even then he'll handle it with a rag and his foot
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnutter View Post
men just do not understand the magnitude of a scrubbed and sparkling floor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts