Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a cloth diaper party with my circle of friends

I'm organizing it and I'm SUPER excited! :LOL I am going to do little cloth diaper shaped invitation and send them out, and I want to do little favors too. Any ideas? Anything that you can think of. We are also having games, one that my good friend thought of was "pin on the diaper" for our CD-starter mamas, or a cloth diaper trivia game for our more experienced mamas
and that would also serve as a lesson for our newbies.

How exciting! Please give me ideas! I want this to be super fun!!!

THANKS

· Registered
908 Posts
You could make diaper nut/candy cups. Cut flannel into triangles, pin them up like a diaper and dip them in wax, shaping them like diaper, so you can use them as nut cups. You can also make a little brown spot on the bottom of one of them and the one with the poopy diaper wins a prize. They are really cute and easy to make. I have made them for baby showers.

· Registered
908 Posts
Ok, I will try again. I took a picture of one that I kind of made. I didn't have a small safety pin (so I just used a regular pin) and I didn't have any wax so it doesn't stand very well or look as much like a diaper as it would once you dipped it in wax so that you can mold it.
http://groups.msn.com/Beckysstampedstuff/shoebox.msnw
It's the first picture in the my kids album.
Cut flannel into triangles. You can experiment with sizes, but around 3" triangles. Take a small safety pin. Pull the one end up and the other two in. Pin the three ends together, with the bottom end on top, so it looks like a diaper. Then you will melt some wax. Dip the diaper in the wax, and then mold it so that it will stand open, look like a diaper, and function as a nut cup.
I hope this helps, if not let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.