Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted how I love my Brother sewing machine, but today I went to sew, and IT WILL NOT SEW!!!

I am so steamed right now, I am making stuff for an MDC mama, and I HAVE TO GET THIS DONE!!! GRRR!!!! I just want to throw something, and scream and act like a 2 year because Im so frustrated.

Its not sewing! Ive rethreaded it, and redid the bobbin, tried different stitches, and it doesnt sew. It makes a clunky click noise when its "sewing" but nothing actually gets sewed to the garment.

PLEASE! Tell me I can fix this, because I do not have the money to fix this.

:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The last time my machine did this, I found a nasty snarl of thread under the bobbin holder thingy (real technical, eh?). Once I cleaned it out and re-oiled the machine, all was good again. Also, make sure you've threaded your machine correctly (including through the thread take-up leaver -- if you miss this, the screwed up tension can cause a horrible clunking).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fixed it, it was both of those. Man oh living I was freaking out, one of those Im so mad I could cry scenarios. THanks so much. Im thinking the little snarl caused it to yank out of the loopy thing (on the side) Im all technical too eh? Because I had just rethread it, and put it through there, so it must of snarled out? I dont know the thread kept disappearing.

So glad its working again! My poor dh, standing in the way of an angry woman trying to sew.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Glad to know it's working again and you can get back to your regularly scheduled sewing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.