Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it's my ex's day to be with the kids and they are both here beside me!

Once again, he insisted that he was only taking the oldest one. I refused.
So, he said he'd take both but was going to medicate our youngest without my consent and without disclosing all the prescription information to me. So I said no. (I have my lawyer working on updating our agreement to ensure medical decisions require full disclosure, etc.)

The funny thing is that he then gets all in a huff saying I'm not allowing access and threatens to call his lawyer.

I laughed at him. I said, "if you want to get in front of a judge and tell him you refuse to take our son because his eczema embarrasses you........GO FOR IT!!!!!"

I could sense this has been coming for the past few weeks now. As you know from my previous posts, he's been pushing this & making these ridiculous "conditions" to taking the kids for several weeks. I think, for some reason, he's been waiting for me to just say no. I think it lets him off the hook somehow. Who knows?

The good thing was that the kids don't know it was their time with their dad, so it doesn't matter to them.....and I got a sitter last night & got to go out on a date....so I got a break too!

The games just don't seem to end..........
:

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
You're handling it all so well, L.J. Your boys are lucky to have you.

I would have loved to see your ex's face when you suggested he take his warped behavior before a judge. It must be awful for him to not be able to affect you the way he would like.

Good for you for being so strong.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
good for you to finally tell him no, and to go out for yourself.

Your kids are lucky to have such a strong mom. you are doing great. sorry that he wont stop with the games.

·
Registered
265 Posts
> > >" I think, for some reason, he's been waiting for me to just say no. I think it lets him off the hook somehow. Who knows? " < < <

LJ, gosh that is exactly what I think too. My X is furious at me (.....again), and the email I just sent him, said : "Besides agreeing to everything, thus far, that you have requested, what makes you think so?" in response to him calling me some not so nice names. I think you got it, we need to be their out so that somehow in their pea brains they can justify to themselves (?)
their failures as fathers, and probably husbands.

: please excuse the blatant bitterness that shows through in the above post...........and for using your post to express it!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I don't know *your* story but I think you handled it great!

My ex just threatened to go back before the Judge and say I was stalking him.... I told him the same thing you did.... GO FOR IT! He thinks some judge is going to say I'm stalking him because on his first visit alone with my son I took my almost 2 year old sister to the park (same one ex and DS were in) to play (staying out of DS's sight) for about 30 minutes. Then the second time he had alone visits my dad and 8 year old sister were in the park playing catch. Yeah, go tell a Judge I'm stalking you so that he can laugh in your face!

Sorry for high-jacking your thread
:

Good for you for being strong! You've got some lucky kiddos there!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
This guy is truly an ass, L.J. - I'm so glad you aren't married to him anymore! I also think you are right that he wants to be "off the hook" and have an excuse not to see his own children. Quite honestly, as much as children should have the opportunity to develop relationships with both parents, I don't feel it is in your childrens' best interest to be around your ex. He is vindictive and miserable - no child should have to be exposed to that.

Keep your chin up, mama - you are an incredible, wise, beautiful person with so much love and acceptance to give your children.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts