Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel like there is SO much to do before baby comes? I know I have many weeks to go but I want to go and rearrange my whole house and clean it and throw away all of our clutter and make it more baby-safe (my girls are bigger now and we've only been here 2 yrs). I have lists of stuff to do but the energy to do it is limited
And then there are slings and diapers to buy and some clothes for a newborn and scrapbooks to catch up on before I am WAY too far behind. Is this just my 2nd trimester hormones? Anyone else ready to rip their house apart and start over??

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I basically do have to rip my house apart and start over. We are going to install carpet (which i'm not crazy about environmental-wise) so everything in the house will be carried out the back door to the yard. We will be starting fresh which is really needed because being sick, my house is a wreck that I have not been able to keep up with.
We'll be repainting baseboards and doors, decorating, organizing...I'm very overwhelmed thinking about all of it, really!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
hehehehe... i totally know what you mean! we just moved into a 2-bedroom house a couple months ago and have the second bedroom completely outfitted just for k. while quantum won't be moving in with her for a couple years, we need to reconfigure the whole set-up so his/her stuff can be in there, too.
would you like to see my list of obsessions currently:
-make curtains for front door (we have a glass front door bordered with two windows and that makes up a large area of our living room. if i'm going to labor in here, i think i need a LITTLE privacy!)
-make curtains for the kids' room
-fix drawer on kids' dresser
-wash all k's old baby clothes
-rearrange clothes in dresser so each kid has a couple drawers
-get new toy sorter
-get cabinet and drawer locks for the kitchen (so i can take down the gate-- i really don't want to be 9 months and trying to climb it!)
of course, i'm also already planning for the birth. i have my birth kit list and other supplies kit and i SO want to get started on getting it all together! i'm also already figuring out how to rearrange the living room for the labor tub.
can you tell i'm one of those obsessive planners?! :LOL

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oh, I've been on a major clean out spree here lately. I've beeing tackling closets, under beds, behind couches, etc. I just can't stop. I've just joined freecycle and am giving things away right and left. Love it! I guess I'm making room for baby
I can't wait to get started on turning the guest room into the baby's room - soon. And I suddenly decided that I cannot birth in my bedroom if it stays the same color it is now. Interesting part about that - when I was pregnant with Jake I suddenly couldn't stand the color it was then and repainted it to the color it is now - which I now can't stand. And I think I'm going to get rid of my bed - too high and get a low platform type bed that will be easy for Jake (and eventually baby) to climb in and of without getting hurt.

So yes - lots and lots to do here too

·
Registered
107 Posts
I want to move.

We're in an apartment, was supposed to be a temporary, 1 year thing ... but our lease is up just weeks before the baby is due ... I can't imagine moving again then. Yuck.

At least by December, all the pill bugs who've moved in with us should be on vacation.
:

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Oh yes... there is *so* much to do!

And this week I feel *completely* overwhelmed because I'm training my replacment for my job as sports editor at the local newspaper... yikes... and I don't have the internet at home yet... and Madeline is in swimming lessons for an hour every morning at 9 a.m. (I work 1 p.m. -10 p.m.).. and.. we only have TWO bedrooms upstairs in our house (we really didn't think that through very well when we bought our house nearly two years ago!
) ... so.. trying to cram three kiddos' things into one room. We have our work cut out for us! Plus, my 'filing' for the clothes the girls have outgrown is terrible.

But.... at least I'm quitting my job. So I'll get some time at home to hopefully work on some of the things that Oh So Desperately need to be taken care of (our house has completely fallen apart these last few weeks!).

·
Registered
751 Posts
umm, we're thinking about buying a brand new house which won't be ready until Nov/Dec. It's cheaper than getting an already existing home. my agenda is clear the clutter, go through old baby clothes , get rid of stuff, , sell our house, but not too soon before the new house is ready, paint new house, move in, have aleverything set up before we give birth, let aidan get used to new house somewhat, give birth after Christmas. How's tht for a control freak?

·
Registered
751 Posts
umm, we're thinking about buying a brand new house which won't be ready until Nov/Dec. It's cheaper than getting an already existing home. my agenda is clear the clutter, go through old baby clothes , get rid of stuff, , sell our house, but not too soon before the new house is ready, paint new house, move in, have aleverything set up before we give birth, let aidan get used to new house somewhat, give birth after Christmas. How's tht for a control freak?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Wow, and I'm sitting here bored! We just moved into a 3BR apartment a few months ago, I've gotten all Julian's baby clothes back from friends, I won't have to baby-proof for well over a year, and all I'm planning on buying for the birth is a baby pool and a plastic sheet for the bed. I bought a dozen diapers on Ebay for $5, but I don't really need anything else. It sucks! I want something baby-related to do!
We're going to buy a car, which will be our big baby thing (we've been carfree for the past year, but I'm going to be taking the baby to school at only a few weeks old, and I don't want to walk 3 blocks to the bus stop twice a week with a newborn, so DP will drive me right up to campus.), and we're going to buy a king-sized bed to fit all four of us (plus Nina, our kitty). But we can't do either until our fall financial aid checks come in, so it'll be August.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts