Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not succeeded yet.
Though a very dear friend said she had learned from me and her own choices and WOULD not circ her next one.

A close friend is pregnant with her 3rd child. She has two girls. Her husband, and three brothers are INTACT. Her husband wants to circ if this baby is a boy. He claims that it's because he has tightness of the foreskin and this would be prevented with circ. Her brother and his wife have had bouts of yeast issues.

I told her on the phone today that I had a video for him to watch, and that if he is so anxious to have his son circed why would he not schedule himself?

She's of the mind, I think, that what he says goes. He thinks I'm a lunatic, so I have to approach cautiously and as mainstream as possible.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Tell her to tell her brother & his wife to both use the female Yeast Cream like Monistat or Vagisil not the suppositories but the cream you smooth on my X had gotten yeast from me because I got Yeast continously-due to my thyroid issue and it fixed the yeast stuff until I got Yeast again. He never had Yeast until he had gotten it from me.

Also, maybe ask her to ask her husband if his foreskin feels tight use the say try to stretch it forward play with it more see if that will help his tightness then if he still promoting a circ just tell her say I am not going to do it because there alot more complications with circumcision than with a problematic foreskin that can be 'easily cured without removing anything' .

I wouldn't use the 'you don't go in to get a circ then our son won't get circ fear because this may seem like a dare to a guy ( a possiblity) and he might get circ then claiming how he is better off now or wished it was done earlier so he 'didn't have the memory of it.

I find it quite funny on memory stuff I have had like 23 surgerys all my life -ear tubes even as adult.

As a kid I always seemed like to seem as if I had to go all the time or stating I had to go so I remembered continously get 'catheters up my urinary hole ' than I do my adult gallbladder surgery.

Like how many of us forget how painful labor as adults right after our lil ones are born ????

I can't even remember how painful my labor was with my son but what I can remember is the "soreness from the epistomy' I had.

Out of two things out of 23 surgeries I only remember 'catheters & epistomy " fully (how interesting is that ? ) it deals with the most private part of the body.

I had adult gallbladder surgery, adult nose surgery due to a mishaps when they were trying to fix my flat nose from my cleft lip & cleft palate. I had 2 D&C ask me if I remember anything about how I felt or describe the situation to me I wouldn't be able to really remember anything unless I thought 'really really hard.

Just like when I was in labor at 20 wks back pain labor I would only know the name of it but i don't remember how it feels now.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would start with gently sharing this in a non-threatening manner for her husband. He should consider seeking the advise from a physician knowledgeable in intact penises. What city do they live near? Is there a chance they have a NORM support group nearby to contact for advise?

As I have said before, obviously ANY body part can be problematic and require medical intervention... The foreskin is no different. If he had any other problem with a body part would he recommend that his son have that part removed at birth?? We need to change our way of thought in this country that the foreskin is somehow "special" (but not in a good way if you KWIM). You can help them to use the web as a resource for this issue. Here's a good link to get you started:

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_...reatments.html

Regarding her brother, circumcised men and their partners can also pass yeast infections back and forth as well. If they are having trouble with this they need to seek medical assistance. Sometimes OTC treatment is not enough and BOTH partners need to be treated simultaneously.

Good luck with this and please keep us updated~

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ask her husband to sit down in front of the computer and watch the film called "The Prepuce". It's as mainstream as you can get. Made for medical students to study the anatomy of the foreskin. He will come to value his own intactness.

(WMP, streaming) http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...C/prepuce.html

(WMP, download) http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...TSC_256k_D.wmv

If he still needs convincing about the value of a foreskin, he should read the "restoration" material in the sticky on this forum. There are so many men who are suffering and would give anything to be intact again.
Baybee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.