Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO last night DH and I were about to dtd (i'm trying to remain out of the realm of tmi here...mods please let me know if anything should be omitted...) anyway...i broke out with a cold sore a couple of days ago...we usually are intimate when i have a sore...we're just careful.

but yesterday was a long day. and the mood was "right" so to speak...and i accidentally started to go down on my husband. i would say less than 7-10 seconds of physical contact occured before i realized what i had stupidly done!!

he got up immediately (at my insistence!) and thoroughly washed the whole area.

i can't seem to find a rate of transmission for oral herpes ANYWHERE online. i was hoping some of you mommas might know it??

please help. i am so nervous. he will be the first person i have ever given the infection too...and it's killing me.

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had been putting a topical lysine on it, but it hadn't opened and started weeping yet. it was definitely dry, and is just starting to show slight crustiness this morning.

i just feel so bad.

· Registered
245 Posts
my theory, not sure how scientifically based it is or not...

you are either susceptible to cold sores or not. my family gets them, they always have. my husband's family has never gotten ONE. i have had them since being with my husband and he's yet to ever get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.