Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so sick of the media thinking the only reasons people don't vax is because they don't like shots and they worry about autism. like we are so simple minded that could be our only issues. blaaah!<br>
was listening to npr's local news and they were talking about money the state is getting for vaxes, and how maine doesn't have a high vax rate, mostly due (per the radio people) was that they were to expensive, and if they could be free or low cost we would have a high vax rate... except for the non-vaxers who worry about autism, yet there is no prof, so we should just do it anyway. ugh!<br>
h

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I hear you. I think it's funny though that they portray non-vaxers as as you put it simple minded, yet often will quote studies indicating that no-vaxers tend to be highly educated. Kind of a contradiction isn't it?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Exactly. My parents' doctor was like, "Oh, because of autism right?" when I said I wasn't vaxing. And that's always the first thing people say when they find out. I have to explain, "We don't believe that they're necessary for our family" which brings up a "so you think you're better than me?" mentality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts