Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we are all probably feeling this way, so can we share our best tips to combat the sleepiness? I just can't be like this with two little kids to care for.

So far people have told me to try...

small amounts of caffeine
taking lots of naps
taking brisk walks

During my last pregnancy, I took Floradix and it helped alot too, I just don't have any right now.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I just sleep when I need to- if it comes it, I turn the TV on for Skye and snuggle her in with her back to me, arm around her waist and take a catnap for 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I need some tips to. I only have 2 symptoms of pregnancy but they are horrible. My breasts are really sore and I can't stop sleeping.

Lucky for me DH is so supportive. He lays down right with me anytime and if he can't lay with me he will just sit by me and rub my head until I fall asleep.

But it's summer time. Kids will be out of school this week and I really have to try to stay awake. I have no idea how I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I am totally exhausted too. I am not sure how to combat it. I have been taking cat naps, but I don't think they help much. This morning when I got up I went into the kitchen to prepare some breakfast and just kept thinking how easily I could just lay right down on the tile floor and crash!

I take the boys out to the backyard and bring along a big blanket, I lay down and doze while they play. This is a rough time of pregnancy. I have not thrown up yet, but do feel nauseated and smells are really bothering me. I know once the vomiting starts it will be all down hill until about week 13 or 14!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I'm already feeling the sleepy as well, but I don't know any way to actually fight it. Before, I would just sleep whenever I could, and be tired meanwhiles.

Oh, and I drastically lowered my expectations for myself!
Because sleeping is just as important as cleaning, cooking, or laundry, right? Right?

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Floravital. It's good stuff. It's important. Without it, i'd be asleep right now... with kids pulling my hair and screaming, no doubt.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
being active and getting out of the house. Seriously, because in a store or at the playground you really can't sleep. You cant' just sit down and relax and fall asleep on the couch. I couldn't doze with Sara and Mady because they would either kill each other, get into mischief together, or do something dangerous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.