1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's only 4:30 here but i'm ready to go to bed...:yawning:

· Registered
2 Posts
I know, I know!!

I've been wanting to go to bed since, well, since I got up this morning!

I've been having weird insomnia for the past 10 days or so....I go to sleep fine, but the first time I get up (for the bathroom run) I cannot go back to sleep!

Last night my 3yr. old was sick, so I was awake at 3 am! No WONDER I'm so tired, lol.....

I took a nap today while my little ones napped---it helped a little!

Selina
Helpmeet to Brent for 10 years!
Momma to Eliana, Nathaniel, Noah, and one staying warm until April

· Registered
3,232 Posts
The women my husband works with told him that they thought it was "strange" I was having any symptoms at all at 7 weeks and that they didn't have any until like 3 months. He came home and tried to tell me I shouldn't be tired yet and I nearly tore him a new one. He works with a bunch of old ladies whose kids are nearly grown and they probably don't remember any of it anyway! I asked them if he seriously believed me over them!

· Registered
716 Posts
Tell me about it...I took a 15 min. cat nap in my car at lunch in the parking lot of McDonald's after I ate my (healthy) chicken salad. It refreshed me somewhat....I'm counting down the hours until 5:00 where I can go home, crawl under my blankets and fall into a deep blissful sleep.

Yeah right. My 5 year old will be tugging at the blankets wanting to play

· Registered
20,366 Posts
I am super tired too.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Oh I'm right there with ya. DS has been refusing to nap the past few days, making him (and me) super cranky in the afternoon and evening. Mommy needs it! I used to make it through the day with copious amounts of coffee, but now that I'm cutting out caffeine the drowsiness has really it me.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
not drinking caffine has done me in. i do have a cup of tea every once in a while, but that is a MAJOR cut back for me. i have been so exhausted by the end of the day. i teach preschool and it has been taking a LOT out of me. i have also been getting awful headaches in the pm- not sure if it's due to not having the caffine or due to the pg. at least the nausea hasn't hit yet!

· Registered
193 Posts
I'm pathetic
... I'm currently on a much-delayed honeymoon with DH (and I guess this will be our last vacation as just the two of us). You may be wondering why I have time to post on this forum when I should really be visiting the sights - but I'm just too exhausted! We visit one sight and then I throw a tantrum to go back to the hotel so I can sleep! Yesterday I was awake for only 7-8 hours!

DH is being awfully sweet (prob b/c it's our first) about my "condition"
Hope he doesn't hate me later for sleeping through our vacation!

· Registered
953 Posts
The exhaustion just hit full force today. I took two short naps and spent a good chunk of the day trying to lay down whenever I could. All my symptoms seem to be so much stronger this time around, perhaps I'm getting old

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Me too; my exhaustion is my #1 symptom. I'm napping with DD in the afternoon and then really needing to take a lie-down for a few minutes after DH gets home from work. I swear it wasn't like this when I was preg with DD!

· Registered
1,216 Posts
friday ds asked me to watch star wars with him after school. it was about 4pm when i laid down in his bed and it was after 3am when i woke up! I felt so bad...ds didnt even get dinner. i think he would have woke me up if he was hungry, tho. dp said he looked everywhere for me and finally saw a lump in ds' bed. he didnt wake me up cuz he figured i must have needed it.

this morning dp woke me up early for breakfast. he made french toast and bacon and grits. it was so good. afterward, i went to lie back down for "just a minute" and woke up at 4:15! So tonight I will probably have a hard time sleeping.

· Registered
16 Posts
I too am so tired all the time it seems. This past weekend I felt so lazy, I woke up and took a shower, got dressed, fixed my hair and by the time I was done I felt like I needed to go back to sleep! The worst part is that this is my first pregnancy and I work from 8am-5pm a half hour away from my house as a receptionist... so that means getting up super early to get ready and no naps for me, ugh... do you think they'll notice if I take a cat nap under my desk? lol

· Registered
438 Posts
Me too! Today has been the worst. Last night I couldn't sleep. I finally got out of bed about 1 am and packed some boxes (we're moving). I was able to get back to sleep about 2:00, but slept fitfully. This morning I was so exhausted I just started sobbing while we were walking the dog. I decided I needed to stay home from work today and rest. Insomnia and exhaustion do not make a good combination!!

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Wow. I am joining the exhausted club today- big time. I went to the gym first thing this morning, which gave me energy for a little bit, but also led to a big-time crash this afternoon. I hope DS is ready to go to bed early! Of course I've been staying up watching the Olympics until 1 am every night....

· Registered
2,748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Mommy2B View Post
I too am so tired all the time it seems. This past weekend I felt so lazy, I woke up and took a shower, got dressed, fixed my hair and by the time I was done I felt like I needed to go back to sleep! The worst part is that this is my first pregnancy and I work from 8am-5pm a half hour away from my house as a receptionist... so that means getting up super early to get ready and no naps for me, ugh... do you think they'll notice if I take a cat nap under my desk? lol

It's a really good time to take those mandated breaks!

I'm just dying today. Bad enough under normal circumstances, but I was awake for about an hour and a half around 3 am.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.