Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,462 Posts
That sounds similar to what we went through. I was and have been the only one to deal with the sleep issues. God didn't give men boobs so those of us who choose to bf and co sleep I think are just kinda stuck until dc ween. I used to have no friends of my own, onlyt dh's friends. I never went out, never excersized, etc. I stopped wearing make-up, dressing nice, doing anything outside the home that didn't involve grocery shopping or the book store. I finally found some other moms in my son's class who invited me to join their book club. DH would say the same thing about why do I need to look nice, etc. I think it's a jealousy issue because he sees that you have stopped looking nice for him, but you want to look nice for going out with friends. I started taking a little more interest in my appearance around the house i.e. putting on a little make-up, doing something with my hair, dressing nice. Now when I go out there really isn't the difference in looking nice for friends and looking nice on a regular basis. It also helped that dh has started going to the gym, mountain biking by himself or with friends, and doing things on his own, so he understands the need for for me to do the same. I was really supportive of him doing this and even pushed him abit so that he wouldn't be able to give me sh. about doing something outside the house too. Or at leat he gets that he won't say anything since he likes his freedom too.

It also helped that I started taking an anti-depressant. I have taken them in the past, but I noticed that when I started again I treated dh totally diffent. I am much more open and accepting of him, and in return he is of me. We also went to one counceling session, and decided to ready "Love Busters" by Willard Harley. I cannot recommend this book enough. We are not religous, so I don't really belive that women should take the husband's side and make it work no matter what, but I found that with changing my attitude to dh and giving him a bit more, he gave as well. Hope things get better for you!

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Just wanted to say that I didn't take ani-depressants to deal with dh and our issues. I took them because I battle depression. The ani-depressants helped me see what was going on get into counceling, discussing how he made me feel when he said or treated me certain ways, etc. I completely agree with the pp as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.