Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a fleece cuddlewrap from Posh Punkins.com. It's so purty. But, well I"m a little confused. There doesn't seem to be any sort of waterproof lining---it's fleece on the inside and outside. As I know fleece to allow moisture to go through it... wouldn't that mean that urine would go through both layers and let my carpets, sofa, high chair, carseat, LEG, hip... to get wet? I'm so confused by this!

Please fill me in on the science behind a cuddlewrap...

Can I only use it for one change?

God, i feel so stupid!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
No fleece is a great cover I use on at night it allows the air to flow through but not the pee. some times if the diaper is supper wet the you can get some compression wicking but i have never had that and we use fleece covers over night on my heavy wetter

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
:LOL I used to be confused by fleece too. Someone else can explain the specifics, but one type of fleece wicks and one type of fleece blocks. So you have fleece covers and fleece liners. I think it has to do with how thick it is and how tight it is woven.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here's some info for you on fleece:

Fleece is a water-resistant fabric, and is an excellent choice of BREATHABLE fabric to use as a diaper covering. Some sweating will eventually occur with fleece if a diaper is left on too long or heavily compressed by tight clothing -- however, this is the case with all cloth diapers, unless they are made from non-breathable laminates. We recommend two layers of 200 weight, or a 300 weight or Windpro with microfleece lining. All of our fleece is manufactured by Malden Mills, the best quality water-resistant fleece on the market.

Microfleece is a soft, WICKING fabric. This means that it pulls liquid away from the baby's bottom into the absorbent layers below it, which prevents urine from sitting right next to baby's bottom. This is one of the best ways to prevent diaper rash in conjunction with regular changes. Some microfleece is specially milled to REPEL water - these fabrics are often used to line covers or other items to ensure water-fastness.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I was confused too when I got my first fleece AIO. It was just fleece, with a snap in soaker. Oh boy, was I skeptical. Well, it doesn't leak, never has, and is very very trim. I just take these things on faith now--fleece, wool, if the ladies here say it's okay, then it probably is! Glad to hear I'm not the only confused one out there though!

Alison

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I was also amazed that his first fleece cover didn't leak at all. I jut kept changing the prefold as he wet it. I think it stayed on all day the first time. I do take it off for a longish car ride though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts