Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeing her site for awhile, and I think I've finally decided just to go ahead and try one. Maybe I will fall in love with them and get rid of my hyena stash after all! :LOL

I have a couple of questions, though. How trim are they? As compared to a Luxe or Fussybutt or Bottombumper? I know they have serged edges, and those diapers are all T&T, but those are my faves, so that's what I'd be comparing them to.

My other question is about sizing. Gemma weighs 19/20 lbs (depending on what day and who weighs her
) and is generally pretty petite. Would she fit into the medium -- the weight range stops at 20 lbs -- or would a large be better, do you think? Would a medium in a knit outer be okay, but a large better if I get a woven outer, perhaps?

TIA!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I can't compare to your hyena dipes - because I've never SEEN any of those.

Size I can help you with. My dd is 19 pounds, her rise is about 14 inches. She is wearing a medium, on the second snap setting at the thighs, third on the waist so she's got room to grow. Unless your little one has a very long rise, I would go with medium. All of mine have knit outers though so that might make a difference - My LHC aios are woven however and she fits nicely into a medium in those as well.

Helpful at all??

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
here's a picture of DS in his AIO. The soaker is very thick, but I probably didn't order hemp, so I can't imagine trying to get jeans over this bum
but this is my all time favorite AIO! It never leaks off the side of the soaker, hasn't wicked yet, but it's pretty new... anyway, DS is about 25#, very muscular thighs and thin waisted and this is a large on the tightest setting. I'm betting he could have used a medium...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/delmom/LHC.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Her prints are amazing!! I have a medium AIO and a medium fitted that my three month old daughter uses (on the tightest settings) and a large AIO that my 18 month old son uses, also on the tightest setting. We have not had any leaking or wicking with these AIO's, and the fitted is nice and veloury on the inside!! I got the fitted used, so if I had ordered it myself, I would have ordered a quick-dry -- the internal soaker causes it to take FOREVER to dry. But its still one of my favorites!

for Becky at LHC!!!! She is forever and always going to be my "special WAHM" to order from when I have extra spending money.

eta: My son can wear his 18 month shorts and pants just fine over this AIO -- he is just over 24 pounds.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have some AIOs and a couple fitteds form her and love them! I would bet a med would work on your Gemma...Haley is 2.5, 30 pounds and almost 38" tall and where's a med as does my 26 pound 31" chubster nephew Conner. Conner and Haley can both wear clothes over them.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I
LHC! Becky rocks! As for size, it depends on rise. We switched to larges about 2 months ago (maybe 3?) due to rise at about 19 or 20 lbs. Otherwise she had tons of room left. But now larges fit well (on the tightest snaps or one out) But my dd has my high rise.

love them love them love them,

-Angela

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think a medium would work but she's very accommodating - perhaps you could ask her to make a medium with a slightly longer rise, because I dont think the actual width is all that different from medium to large.

Although I think LHC do shrink a fair bit. My larges are smaller than any of our other large diapers.

However at 20lb my daughter could easily wear a medium and still can at 26 lb, but the large also fits well, just on slightly tighter snap settings.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I just bought my first LHC fitted last month and I love it. DS is 19 lbs at 12 months old and fits into the medium with plenty of growing room. I got mine in all OC w/ OV inner and OV topped soaker! Yummmm!! So, due to the fact that it is OC instead of hemp, it isn't terribly trim, but not extremely bulky either... My diaper is a knit outer and I just love how stretchy it is w/ that OV inner!

I say try at least one. Becky is super sweet and a pleasure to do business with. She was super nice to me when I needed mine to be made ASAP to get here in time for ds' 1st birthday party. And she has a lot of pretty fabrics to choose from, always a big plus, IMO!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I recently got some OV LHC fitteds, and I think they are wonderful... adorable prints and SOOOOOO soft! I love them! Really no comparison to my Fussybutt fitteds though, or the one Luxe fitted I tried... they fit entirely different. The LHC are not nearly as trim. I really don't mind... I love the LHC, since they are so soft and fluffy, with adorable prints, but they do not have that snug fit which makes so many fitteds become Hyena... KWIM?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
OK, I've been working on posting this since this am.

As far as trim, they are *not* my trimmest dipe by any stretch of the imagination; *definately* diaperbutt! But, reaaaaaaaaally absorbant! I *love* my prints! DD is 20 lbs;but, nothing like petite and she's in a large. Her c/s is great and I *knew* about her during the old hyena days....I was going for oc and now she's got it so I've bought from her. I don't know if she was ever *hyena* but she was Suuuuuuuuuuuure popular. I guess maybe not hyena b/c it seems that you can always get her. And isn't that some of being hyena. Here's one pic.

another view

Enjoy!

one more

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can only echo the raves above. I love love love lhc. I think they are so soft & stretchy & fluffy & cuddly there is a lot of flexibility in the sizing. At 16 months, my babies are 19 & 21 pounds, and wear Becky's larges on the tightest setting. They fit beautifully. Both of my girls somehow manage to be both chubby & delicate at the same time, which is possibly rather rare!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've got two LHC AIOs and they are my fav dipes. I got one SUPER cheap off eBay and it is just fabulous. It does NOT leak. Plus it's adorable.

I think I might have to order a fitted from her even though my dd is starting to head into PL Land. The dipes are just too cute!

Jill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts