Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean living there, not vacation.

What's it like? Is nursing into toddlerhood pretty well received? How about no-vax? I know there is a religious exemption-is that generally accepted at face value, or do you get problems with people trying to demand proof of your religion and stuff? Is it a kid-friendly area? How's the homeschooling, lots of requirements or they leave you alone? What are the people like? Every region and city has it's own flavor, so to speak, and being from the northeast I'm a little clueless about Nevada.

What kind of wildlife is there? Up here we deal with skunks, deer, moose, groundhogs, raccoons, squirrels, etc... Any advice for someone if they were thinking of moving out there? Questions I forgot to ask?

Talk to me! Thanks so much!

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Good to know about hte critters. When the worst I'v ever dealt with is the occasional skunks smell, maybe a field mouse in the house that the cat takes care of, and river rats int he city that are only out int he dead of night anyway, the idea of, you know, scorpions in my shoes and poisonous spiders inthe yard was really freaking me out!

We'll be heading to North Las Vegas, probably living about 5 minutes from the strip. The complex has a playground and everyhting so hopefully I'll meet other families that way.

In any case it's nice to know you love it and find it so friendly.

If anyone has any more stories or advice about the area I'm still looking for that.

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the links, I will check those out either soon to prepare or when we get there to meet people.

Thought I'd throw it out there that I was warned that north vegas is not always the nicest neighborhood. So I asked the people I have out there. They say that yeah, they are pretty near some less safe areas but the specific part we're heading to is far enough from that and they feel very safe and comfortable there. So that is well and good, I've lived in much worse situations than where we are heading.

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So we made it, have been here just over month. We love this city. We love our neighborhood, it's been wonderful for dh's business, and the whole area just fascinates me. The very existance of this place is a crime against nature! I ain't in New England anymore, for sure! But we like it and ds gets to play outside every wonderful sunny day

Only problem is not knowing anybody and as a sahm I'm not sure how to meet people-that's why I came back to this thread, I' going to check out those links now.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and advice. Maybe some of us could hook up sometime

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.