Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I'll answer. I've been livign in Vegas for about a year and a half now and I love it. We moved here from Los Angeles. I'm more in tune with the vegan community than the natural parenting community but there are women here who run midwife practices, doulas, etc.

Wildlife: I haven't seen much. There are probably snakes and scorpions in the mountainous areas, but the suburbs just have ants and crickets and the occasional cock roach. But we don't have a problem with in-home critters bugging us, thank goodness.

I've been to two pediatricians here. Both were okay with the religious exemption and didn't ask any questions. My daughte'rs preschool was okay with the non-vax situation as well.

We like living in vegas because people are really friendly. Most of the people I meet are actually from California. We all moved here because the housing prices were so much better. Our house that we live in here cost us $312,000 and the same home in Los Angeles would have been $500,000. They did some good urban planning here and so there is little traffic and it's really easy to get around. The strip is about a 20 minute drive away. We live in a really nice part of town with great shopping and great people.

Feel free to PM me if you want details on any specific area.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.