Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me explain, as I mentioned I switched both my kids to a new ped. Ds is 2 and not vaxed, DD is 6 and vaxed til 2 years ago... I no longer vax. I go to this ped. cause they are no vax friendly-well one in the practice is. Takes 2 months to get an appt. with her. Anyway, later someone tells me the ywere late on vax and this practice called the state on her. My friend assures me times have changed.<br><br>
ANYWAY, DD gets 3rd illness in a row and a major asore throat so I take her to get checked (viral or not). The nurse immediately says they will need her vax records or other Doc records, but they MUST have those "immunizatrion" records. Bad sign. No time to argue, smile and nod. So the one Doc I heard sucks sees her and he was ok. He did a strep test on his own-something ALL my Docs refuse to do with my chronic throat issues. Then he gives us antibiotics to start JUST IN CASE! He says sure it is probably viral, but this is a head start til we get the lab work back! HUH? If it is viral you can just quit it...wait, isn't that what you should NEVER do?<br><br>
Oh well...are thee any half decent docs out here?!?!

·
Registered
726 Posts
... I grew up in N.Y.C. with probably just as bad air quality as you have in Jersey. Although, I remember heading over the George Washington bridge, smelling that industrialized air and thinking how grateful I was not to have it that bad.<br><br>
After years of being used to constant respiratory problems-- pleurisy at 13, mononucleosis at 19, the realization that as I rode my bicycle everywhere-- even one summer as a bike messenger-- I was sucking down enormous amounts of particulate matter from the bus diesel exhaust, I discovered "megadosing" Vit. C.<br><br>
Powdered Ascorbic acid in juice, I alway eat something (mango, orange, tomato sauce, etc.) with bioflavinoids to enhance absorption.<br>
Vit. C is absorbed in the stomach--after which it is excreted. This is one of the reasons that people pop the compressed tablets and find no help. It doesn't get dissolved in time because of the mechanical compression.<br><br>
This discovery allowed my experimentation in my 20's with intensive body-building and running (and of course biking). At one time I could run 5 miles in under 7 min. miles-- at my height and weight this was quite good.<br><br>
All of this in toxic air.<br><br>
Now that I'm in N.C., having discovered the power of probiotic yogurt, also with much better air quality-- although they are having problems here with smog-- I use 1/6th the C I used to use.<br><br>
Now I just need to get back to the exercise.<br><br><br>
FWIW,<br><br>
Ray

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goodpapa,<br><br>
DD was BORN on Burnside Avenue in the Bronx (at a birth center). We know bad air too. Of course, now I am sorrounded by oil refineries and such but alot of trees to slightly help out the situation-and add seasonal allergies to the mix.<br><br>
We are making a slow transition to healthier diets and if we ever dig out of our debt, plan to MOVE to a healthier place.<br><br>
Hilary-the Doc said the culture will be back Friday-with our insurance, you can't beg for more, word is they rarely pay up, hence the crappy Doc selection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts