Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they publish some of the letters, or write anything to say that breast is best in the next magazine?

H

· Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they never retracted or said they were dumb or anything?? Amazing.
I wanna know what is "Real Simple"about bottlefeeding? I don't think you can get must simpler than nursing.
:

H

· Registered
9,433 Posts
i didnt buy it even be4 their crappy info, sure wasnt gonna buy it after, i figured id finds out here if they ever retracted or not.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
So, I just got the October issue of RS.

Perhaps they thought they could redeem themselves w/ a token blurb about breastfeeding, tucked into an article, b/c they had a nice little blurb in a sidebar on their feature about a pediatrician and mom of three.

Here's what they said: (title of sidebar is not just an apple a day: a pediatrician's checklish for a child's overall well-being)

Breast-feed. "There are numerous advantages to nursing--from health related to economic,"days Christine Krause. "Research shows lower incidences of repiratory and ear infections and meningitis in breast-fed babies, as well as a possible protective effect afainst SIDS, some allergies and digestive problems."

Also listed was eat a balanced diet, limit video games, vax, buckle up, and sleep.

Ordinarily, I would be thrilled to see this published, and would compliment the magazine. But being hard on the heels of such and awful article just two issues ago... it seems like a pathetic patch. Too little, too late.

I was trying to give them a chance to redeem themselves before cancelling, but it apparently ain't gonna happen!

Cancel I will.

· Registered
11,048 Posts
Rumor has it the responsible editor got canned, if you look at the end of the other thread about it.

Their token response is just BS. Too little, too late.

Where's the smilies for :losers and :morons??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.