Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally understand why you have to pee all the time in the 3rd trimester. I remember quite vividly ds kicking against my bladder. But what in the heck causes it in the 1st trimester? I have been thirstier so obviously I pee more but this just seems ridiculous.

Also I've never been one that needed to pee at night. Well for the past several nights I have a dream that I need to pee really badly but can't go or can't find the restroom and then I wake up and I can barely make it to the bathroom in time and then I do a marathon pee...dh actually started clapping for me at like 5:30 a.m one morning
And what really scares me is that in my dream last night I DID find a bathroom and I WAS able to go and it felt soooo good. I just know I am going to wet the bed! I'm so used to sleeping through the night that my body just doesn't wake me up when I need to go! I will be so embarrassed if I pee the bed

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
This is according to Babycenter for the first trimester:

Why do you suddenly need to go all the time? It's mostly because the amount of blood in your body increases dramatically when you get pregnant, which leads to a lot of extra fluid getting processed through your kidneys and ending up in your bladder. Eventually, you may also feel pressure on your bladder from your growing uterus.

You may notice that you need to get up to pee more often during the night in particular. That's because when you lie down, some of the fluid that you retained in your legs and feet during the day makes its way back into your bloodstream and eventually into your bladder.

So far it's not too bad for me but I'm sure it will be soon... the 3rd trimester was awful for running to the bathroom last time! Also, I really need to get better about doing kegals more regularly...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
And what really scares me is that in my dream last night I DID find a bathroom and I WAS able to go and it felt soooo good. I just know I am going to wet the bed! I'm so used to sleeping through the night that my body just doesn't wake me up when I need to go! I will be so embarrassed if I pee the bed

: This happened to me... the combination of a very full bladder, a toddler sleeping up against me (he wakes up if I move, usually), and a really realistic dream means, apparently, that my mind prefers to fool me... fortunately I woke up right away before too much leaked!
:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2much2luv View Post
I'm already feeling pressure on my bladder.
Me too.. I want to blame it all on the massive amounts of water I am drinking but know that's probably not true.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Ha! Yup, I peed the bed last time I was pg.
: I woke up just a second after "that dream" where you're sitting on the toilet. It's so darn realistic. Luckily since I woke up right away hardly any pee got on the sheet!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I read somewhere that, since your uterus is getting dramatically bigger now, it is kind of relocating stuff or pushing or something. I think that was really my first sign of pg! Since our bladders grow to the size of an orange or grapefruit or something before we really start showing, it would stand to reason that your bladder would be effected.

Personally, I think it is all in your head. You are pg so you think you have to pee....

Just kidding! I haven't had to get up for the last 3 nights, but I am also SUPER dehydrated from all the being sick. Hopefully, I can get enough fluids in me to feel normal again. Time for the two of us to take a good nap. I think my ds is finally going to sleep so we will too!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel L View Post
I read somewhere that, since your uterus is getting dramatically bigger now, it is kind of relocating stuff or pushing or something. I think that was really my first sign of pg! Since our bladders grow to the size of an orange or grapefruit or something before we really start showing, it would stand to reason that your bladder would be effected.

Personally, I think it is all in your head. You are pg so you think you have to pee....

Just kidding! I haven't had to get up for the last 3 nights, but I am also SUPER dehydrated from all the being sick. Hopefully, I can get enough fluids in me to feel normal again. Time for the two of us to take a good nap. I think my ds is finally going to sleep so we will too!
Mel, I thought you were serious there for a second
I remember when I had m/s with ds I kept telling myself it must all be in my head and I should be able to just make it go away if I think about it hard enough.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
Mel, I thought you were serious there for a second
I remember when I had m/s with ds I kept telling myself it must all be in my head and I should be able to just make it go away if I think about it hard enough.
LOL! You know there are probably a lot of non mommies/daddies that do believe that.

Believe me! I really am entertaining the idea that m/s is really in my head right now! I would really like to not put any more nausea drugs in my system so I am telling my body to cooperate with me for the baby. I really do believe in talking to your body, but I don't know if it will listen!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel L View Post
LOL! You know there are probably a lot of non mommies/daddies that do believe that.

Believe me! I really am entertaining the idea that m/s is really in my head right now! I would really like to not put any more nausea drugs in my system so I am telling my body to cooperate with me for the baby. I really do believe in talking to your body, but I don't know if it will listen!
Have you thought about getting the hypnobabies Eliminate Nausea Now CD? It's like $15 and you listen to it everyday for about 30 mins. It teaches you a cue to use that will help lessen your nausea. I don't know how well it works. I just started doing mine last night and I don't have nausea yet but I'm trying to prepare for it since I'm guessing it's just around the corner for me (I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow so I am hoping for one more week).

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Oh, is that hypnobabies is for? I was wondering. My mom recently saw a hypnotherapist for weight loss, and she is getting GREAT results. She wanted me to try the natural baby ones. I just might have to try that. Where do I get it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts