Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...I've always "cared" about the environment and the world we live in...but like many ignorant others, I don't really DO anything about it... mainly because I don't know where to start!

so the purpose of this thread is just to get an idea of what you or your family does (specifics would help...but if you do tons of stuff in general, then just some examples would be very helpful as well...ANY input really..) to remain active in trying to keep our environment a healthy place to live.

and really.....even if you only do one specific thing... ANY input would be very helpful for me to get an overall idea of all the possibilities out there.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

p.s. i'm sure there are plenty others new to the "DOING SOMETHING" scene that would appreciate some ideas as well

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
From the forum guidelines:

Quote:
Discussions of policies and of the semantics of issues should be placed in News & Current Events or other appropriate forum. Threads asking for input on a topic should go into the appropriate forum.
What I would suggest is that you read through pages of the activism threads and see for yourself what others do.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I boycott Procotor & Gamble products b/c of their animal cruelty testing:

http://www.pandgkills.com/main.html

IAMS foods:

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Any charities that do animal experiments/testing/vivesection:

March of Dimes
Many on the United Way list
& so on

We recycle a lot.

We use animal-friendly antifreeze.

that's just our animal stuff.

I agree - do a search here - lot of good info

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:

oops....I was reading through lots of threads but somehow skipped over the rules/guidlines sticky.... tried to post this thread 3 times before realizing it had to be approved....

i've learned my lesson
gonna go start reading some more now. Hope not everyone thinks i'm a moron. :LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts