Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I really the only one? The other thread seems to be getting a LOT of attention. I'm still wearing tight tank tops and no noticeable belly. Still wearing my regular pants and buckling my belt at the same hole still. In the evening, when I let it all down, you can tell my belly is a bit bigger, but it's absolutely not noticeable during the day or to anyone else at all. I was not able to wear my jeans after 6 weeks with my first 3 pregnancies, so finding this a little odd. But I'm not really concerned, just think it's odd to not be showing yet at 10+ weeks with my 4th. Who's with me? And just to humor me, if you are not showing, what # baby is this for you and are you a small or fluffier mama to begin with? I'm really curious if there are any factors that make a difference. I'm starting this pregnancy smaller than I did with my last, but the same size I was when starting with my 2nd. Around 138 lbs., size 8. Not tiny, but not too big. I also had a retroverted uterus with my 2nd and 3rd, not sure about my 1st, also not sure if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not. I usually don't until around 20wks. Even when I was thinner

I had just lost 20# and my jeans were baggy from that. They are still baggy and I'm hoping they last me for quite a while to come.

I always thought you were supposed to show sooner with the more pregnancies you have, and I know that is true for some, but I'm on my 9th now and it hasn't been true for me.

So, I'll join your "not showing yet" club and hope to stay in it for another 10wks or so! lol!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
But not really showing yet. I can feel my fundus though and can't wear most of my jeans. Mid July, I'm sure I will.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am not showing yet. This is my 6th pregnancy, but I am carrying twins. I expected to show early but I guess this is still too early. I usually don't show until around 6 months. I am a bit "fluffy" but had lost some weight in the last year/year and a half.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting that most or all of us here are veteran moms.
You'd think it would be more first time moms not really showing.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I was starting to have tighter pants, but now everything is loosening up. (I think my other twin is leaving me now...) I had to make a brief foray into my mat pants, but now I'm back in my PP pants with room to spare. I can feel my uterus though, and it's getting bigger. My no one would know to look at me that there's anything going on.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dea, did you have a large bowel movement recently? I thought I was starting to grow and then had a thorough bowel cleansing Saturday morning. Back to normal size now. I hope all is well with your baby.

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
I am not showing, although I can definitly feel the nice growing uterus when I lay flat on my back.

I am on Baby #10. I have found that I "look" pg earlier now than I did with some of my earlier pregnancies, but that it is completely due to the added layer of fat on my tummy. I am hoping to finally lose some of it that seems to be added to a bit more with each baby.

I am heavier, now about 220. But, I have lost 45 pounds in the last 11 months, so I am much smaller now than I was a year ago.

I can usually hide my pgcy until about 32 wks (just for the fun of it), but I have found the last two pgcies I have not been able to hide it past about 20-25wks.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm not. I just lost about 30 lbs, and I'm still in my "skinny clothes" (which aren't really skinny clothes, but they are "30lbs down clothes", so I say they are my skinny clothes).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got nothin either. I've lost about 8 lbs since getting PG due to the excessive amount of vomiting that I've been doing. Even my tight jeans are still fitting comfortably. But I can see my uterus sticking out just a tad which is comforting.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not showing either. I'm about 10.5 weeks with #3. I'm pretty sure things are okay in there, I'm still getting sick sometimes, my pants are becoming a tad uncomfortable when I sit in them for a while, and I can feel my uterus when I lay down. I've got about 15lbs extra on me then I should (30lbs more then high school though). But not extremely fluffy. With the last pregnancy I didn't show until the end of 2nd tri/begining of 3rd tri. Even at the end of the pregnancy if you didn't know me there was some question as to whether or not I was pregnant or just putting on some weight.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, if I'm honest, I'm not really showing yet, just uhm...."fluffy" as you put it - I like that word!

I'm still in my regular clothes during the day, but around evening I get really bloated and I have to change into sweats.

I'm starting out a little heavier this pregnancy than last time (this is my 2nd). I got really skinny while my daughter was nursing (too skinny - I think I may have lost some bone mass, too - yeek), but it all came back and a little more after she quit. So between that and the bloat, I'm looking bigger, but it's really not the baby sticking out yet. I can feel my uterus at this point but it's not pooching out. They say you show earlier the more pregnancies you have, so we'll see....probably by this time next month I'll be in maternity clothes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.